“More Style Than Substance”

Ember Coal Fired Pizza & Wings
Ranked #14 of 27 Restaurants in Harwich Port
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Boston
“More Style Than Substance”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We checked this place out yesterday on the way back from P-Town.

The place is nicely decorated, and having been to other coal fired pizza restaurants we kind of knew what to expect.

Going right to the heart of the matter, the pizza was just OK. Nothing special to justify the high prices. We had the Meat Lovers Pizza andf it was OK. Regular Pepperoni, the sausage was in chunky slices. The bacon a little burned.

We also had a Hawaiian - the pineapple came in giant slabs with tiny little flavorless ham pieces (could have been lunchmeat).

The pepperoni & bacon was OK - bacon burned again.

The Sauce is not very flarorful, not bad but not great either. The crust, as with other coal fired places we've visited, was burned on the edges and wicked thin.

We also had the wings - Buffalo and Lemon Pepper. They too were OK. My boys liked the buffalo ones, my girls liked the lemon pepper ones. I had both, but didn't think a lot of either one.

The service was great. The place was very clean. The beer selection was pretty good (if a bit pricey at $5+/glass).

For the food alone, I'd say pass. But if you wanted a romantic spot with the right decorations and everything spotless, then you might not do better in that section of the Cape. For 6 people the bill was $130 including drinks.

• Visited March 2012

Basking Ridge, NJ
“Fun, different, sophisticated pizza place”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Friendly staff, healthy food , ambiance, places for families and great lounge for us others.

Visited February 2012
“Cool atmosphere, but pizzas needs improvements.”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

It has about a year sense I have eaten at ember but it didn't take me long to remember why it has been that long. I guess I was excepting an improvement on their pizza but it was still a disappointment. I thought it was a little unusually that on the menu it displayed that the pizzas were cooked in a 1,000 degree oven, but it was hard to believe because when we got our two pizzas they were both under cooked. The dough had zero flavor and rest of the toppings were nothing special. There's a few other reviews on tripadvisor about the pizza not being so great so you would think the management might try to fix it. Maybe next year when I go back the pizzas will be perfected.

Boston
“Thin crust”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Very thin pizza - not bad if you know what to expect.

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Cold, thin & soggy pizza”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Sadly, every time I have ordered pizza here it's been a huge disappointment. The first time it was cold, the second time it was luke warm and soggy. The beet salad was wonderful but that was about it. Patio seating was nice, except when the traffic drove by which was constantly. The outdoor fire pit is a nice feature but the road noise dampens the fun of the fire. The bar is fun to hang out it, the restaurant is too open, loud and slow. Hopefully you will have a better experience than I did - twice.

Visited July 2011