“Best crab cakes ever!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2015

We ordered two appetizers to share. They were both outstanding. We also shared two fish entrees between the four of us. Everything was delicious. The crab cakes were the best I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

We were staying close by at Barnaby's Guest house and they recommended Viara's since we could walk. It was a lovely dinner. The room was a bit too dark for my taste but food was absolutely fabulous. Never expected such a fantastic meal.

We ate out every night while on the cape and this was our favorite place.

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I wanted our dinner last night to be perfect so I chose Viera. Since my husband prefers plain food with no fish or shellfish I carefully review online menus from the restaurant before I make reservations. I was stunned to find the chicken which I had promised my husband had been removed in favor of a duck dish. (Duck is NOT a substitute for chicken, so different.) so he settled for the flank steak. It was ok but not memorable. I had the salmon which was lovely with cocoanut almond rice and pineapple sauce. Our friends had the halibut special which they ( and their clean plates) declared as excellent. My chowder looked lovely with the whole clams, but the broth was without any clam flavor and the clams were tough and inedible. Bacon and potatoes were good. Booth was way too small for four adults. Service was outstanding and coffee was very good. So If you love fresh fish and appreciate the nice atmosphere and outstanding service go but pass if you have a non fish lover in your midst.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

From appetizer to desert, it's all home-made and delicious.
We took the fresh clam chowder (a wonder) which was served with 5 splendid fresh clams and a tasteful creamy soup, then followed with the lobster and pasta... which was to die for. Nice list of wines (picked a very nice Austrian white wine) and very kind service. Would absolutely go back there any time! Book a table if you can, the space is small and locals know about this restaurant!

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

I cannot stress enough how great this place is! The quality of the food is unreal and it met AND surpassed all the expectations I had, and I am glad the owners of our b&b (the English Garden) suggested this place!

We had the clam showder, the fried seafood plate (which had fish, calamari and veggies), the scallops + pork belly (one word...magnificent), the lobster (yum) and the Portuguese stew (generous in seafood)

I mean you could literally pick anything, and it will be delicious! I would make the trip back to Harwich anytime for another meal there!

Worth every single penny, worth the detour...it's THAT good.