Seadar Inn By the Sea(Harwich Port)(Great Value!)
USD 247
Cape Cod Wishing Well(West Harwich)(Great Value!)
USD 137
Coachman Motor Inn(South Harwich)
USD 192
Handkerchief Shoals Inn(South Harwich)(Great Value!)
USD 167
Inn of Treasured Memories(Harwich)(Great Value!)
USD 185
USD 173
USD 1,399
USD 771
Preferred Hotels
Winstead Beach Resort(Harwich Port)
USD 466
  • Beachfront
USD 153
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeach resortharwich portprivate beachcape codboth locationsnantucket soundeach morningfrom the ovenfresh fruitgreat roomearly risersjetted tubheated poolcontinental breakfastboiled eggschecking outoff season
Reviewed 11 August 2017

The Winnstead Inn and Beach Resort has two beautiful locations - one on the beach and one about a mile away. They are both lovely. If you stay at the Beach, the beach resort is gorgeous and you can walk to town. If you stay at the Main Inn, you are not on the ocean, but you can use the beach resort and there's a small pretty pool. (you can't use the pool if you stay at the beach - so if you have kids that like a pool in the evening or morning, stay at the Main Inn) -- the rooms are spacious and beautiful - traditional style decor but all very updated high high quality. Wonderful beds and linens. A very nice breakfast is served, continental style, but with some hot choices (like boiled eggs and this morning there was french toast). The service is really friendly and helpful. It's a great find. Just ask questions about each location and amenities if you want detail as it can be confusing online if you're booking quickly. And you can only check in at the main inn. They will be very clear on all this if you call or if you read through the site carefully, but if you just go to book a room and you're on the go, it might not be all obvious.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Michelle M
DouglasHeywood, General Manager at Winstead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

We think our website is very clear but unfortunately when reserving on a third party site(Expedia, Booking.com etc.) not all information is available. An important note, you will find better availability and lower rates on our official site(winsteadinn.com). We set the rates and will not offer better rates elsewhere and of course all specials are only on our website.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

As part of our two year anniversary celebration, my boyfriend and I decided to spend the last night of our Cape Cod vacation in Harwich. After research, it was clear that the Winstead Inn is the place to stay! Although it was pricey, I booked somewhat last minute and understood that it's tourism season, but worth the money.

The property has two locations, this is something I did not realize upon booking, as I thought the Inn and Resort were together. I was a bit disappointed that I did not book a room on the beach as it was a celebration, but understood that this was my fault.

The inn is a beautiful property, very close to the center of Harwich, with lots of great shops and restaurants. We stayed on the bottom floor in the Commodores Quarters with our own access to outside. I LOVED the white blanket on top of our bedding and would love to order one for home! The room was extremely spacious, updated, and the bathroom was very elegant- with heated floors and an oversized shower. Overall, the room was very clean and no complaints there. Important to note however, that being on the bottom floor, it does get loud in the morning as the common room is directly upstair.

I would have loved to use the pool, as I was told it is heated to 86 degrees, but it was rain during our stay and the pool did not feel heated. No big deal. We enjoyed our time watching movies and ordering local pizza (Ember). The inn provided fresh breakfast items as well as to items made to order. I had to choose between French baked banana break or quiche. I went with savory and was very happy with my choice!

Note- The pool is only for guests registered at the inn.

I was pleased that we were allowed to check in an hour and a half early, and the staff could not have been more pleasant and accommodating.

Guests of the Inn can use the resort beach a mile away, but only while checked in. You cannot use it for the day before or after check in. I was disappointed, but again, it was rainy so not a big deal. However, as I was checking out, I very upset guest protested this policy. Whether it's for liability purposes or whatever the reason, the woman assisting this guest did not deserve to be treated this way. Perhaps in the future the policy may be changed, but acting rudely was not necessary.

Overall, we will be back next year and recommend the property. Next year we hope to stay at the resort.

Room Tip: Make sure you know if you are booking at the inn or resort. Pool is for inn only.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you Corri for your review. In this world of regulations and liabilities it has become necessary to limit our properties to registered guests only and on that subject, as small properties we want to keep the relaxed and uncrowded atmosphere the way you would want them during your stay. There are large hotels available for guests that want that busy atmosphere, but we are not one of them. Of course my answer is to make your stay longer and remember. even though we guarantee a 3:00pm check-in we always welcome earlier arrival when it is possible.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

It's our 1st time at the Inn, but the 10th + time we have been to the Winstead Inn and Resort. We started with our first trip in 2006 and have been coming back every year except one. My mother-in-law has been coming with us the last 4 times and she just loves it here. The owners Greg, Doug and Dave are hands on and keep both properties in excellent shape. Their staff starting with Jody are very receptive and accommodating and are truly first rate. As I mentioned to Greg and Doug our only complaint is next year we have to decide whether we want to stay at the Inn again or at the Resort. You can't go wrong with either location and it continues to be the only place we even consider for our annual Cape Cod vacation. It's like staying with family.

Room Tip: The Inn I believe has 1 or 2 wheelchair accessible suites. For the 3 of us we like room #12 at the resort and the Topside room at the Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

When our repeat guests return, it is like family coming home. We love all of our guests but some are just special. Thanks for your continued patronage.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We spent four nights at the beautiful Winstead Inn. It is charming, quiet, and extremely comfortable. The hosts could not be nicer, even going so far as to track down a new phone charger for my husband's ancient phone. We hated to leave!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Well, we really didn't want you to leave. happy guests make our day. Come back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The Winstead has two properties--in Harwich Center (where we stayed); on the beach (Nantucket Sound). The Center location has been recently remodeled--well done! The great room is elegant and where an excellent Continental breakfast is served. The breakfast is well beyond the title--plenty of everything. Jody serves as the overseer and is a wonderful hostess. Ask her and she'll find a way to help out!

We live in Harwich Port. We'll use the Winstead for our overflow guests knowing they will be well cared for.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TDoorley

We know that you have many choices in Harwich so thank you for choosing us. We think that we have the best locations and a great stretch of beach for all to enjoy.