All reviewsseparate buildingroom was cleanan older hotelmake your own wafflesbbq restaurant next doorindoor poolmilitary discountthe toilet seathot breakfast in the morningsausage pattiesgolf tournamentnew hampshiremy daughterexercise roomfree breakfastyogurtcoffee maker
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I'm very pleased with this hotel! Check in is a breeze room is clean and roomy. The staff is very nice and did a great job on my room. I even had a bigger room than expected. Plenty of parking also. The breakfast is very marginal though. I recommend this hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2018

To do review justice would require a long essay. I will cover the highlights in bullet points and some embellishment.

General Manager THREATHENED to cancel my reservation. About a week before my stay I realized that I had not received a confirmation for two prepaid bookings (a one-night stay and a two-night stay) I made several months earlier. I had a series of calls with the General Manager over a 45-minute period of time. Suffice it to say the General Manager could not find my reservation because I only had the Bookings.com confirmation number (and not the Choice Hotels confirmation number) and my second reservation used my middle initial unlike my first reservation. At the end of our call(s) the General Manager said he did not like my attitude and he was going to CANCEL my reservations because he did not want me to stay at his hotel. I would have lost my $350 prepaid rooms and would have required that I book $700 worth of rooms at neighboring hotels. Thanks to Choice Hotels Corporate they did not allow the GM to do what he threatened to do. Can you BELIEVE a General Manager of a hotel property threatening to cancel your prepaid reservation?

No air conditioning in my room. My room did not have air conditioning.

My two reservations were back-to-back – a one-day reservation and a two-day reservation. The one-day was for a lesser price than the two-day. I checked in on a Thursday. Most hotels would say you have a two-day prepaid reservation at a higher price level than the one-day. I will book you in the better room for all three nights. Not this hotel. I was not about to say anything since the General Manager (who did not check me in) threatened to cancel my reservation.

The window in my room was 40 feet from a roof top air condition condenser at the next door restaurant. This unit was making a loud roar all night long.

I am still shaken(ed) by the General Manager’s threat to cancel my reservation. When I was working I travelled ever week for 33 years. In all that time I NEVER had a General Manager threaten to cancel my prepaid reservation. I believe either Choice Hotels or Rodeway Inn should look into this incident AND do something about it.

P.S. I read another review on Trip Advisor and noted that the General Manager threatened to call the Police because a guest complained about the lack of hot water – IMAGINE!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Gregory P
Jose S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Gregory,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I want to personally apologize for your experience at our hotel.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If you would like to discuss this matter any further please fell free to contact me directly here at the property, I assure this matter will be handle Immediately.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This was a clean hotel, with normal amenities. The room was newly remodeled clean and comfortable, although the night stands looked like they had been around awhile. For the price in the area, I thought it was a great value. The staff was helpful, and we were allowed to check in a little early because our room was ready. It was very quiet, we were pleased with the stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa F
Reviewed 19 June 2018

room clean and no smell of pets.
we have our dog travelling with us. right in hotel area, we were able to walk her a bit and not worry about traffic.
breakfast good and some hot food were served.
staffs friendly and helpful.
price ok. short drive to our destination UMass.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank hsumao
Reviewed 19 May 2018

It is now clearly marked as a Rodeway Inn. We were there for a very short stay and it was definitely overpriced (but so was everywhere for graduation night). The people were very nice and even let our group use an open room for an evening gathering (Thank you!) We also walked over to the new BBQ restaurant next door which was good! Room was basic - no issues!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family