All reviews wedding weekend gibbet hill new england carbonated water heated bathroom floors outdoor fireplace bath amenities guest rooms granola rooms are large first floor bagels classmates cassandra vine guests pillows
Reviewed 17 October 2018

We planned a wedding reception at the Groton Inn. From our arrival on Friday to our departure on Sunday the weekend was amazing and incredibly memorable, not only for us but for our friends and family as well.

The Groton Inn was a fantastic venue and we couldn't have been happier to have all our guests stay there. We received heartfelt sentiments both during and after the wedding weekend about how the Inn was so lovely, the event execution flawless, and the overall celebration was perfect. Our only complaint was that it went by too quickly!
The team at The Groton Inn went above and beyond for us and we're so appreciative.
We look forward to returning for future visits.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WaddyF1, General Manager at The Groton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Dear jwclausen2,

Thank you so much for the great comments about the Inn and our team.

The Sales Department executes events well and with great care. And, our Food & Beverage Department fully understands high end needs.

We truly appreciate your patronage!

Best,

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Sixty or so classmates gathered at Groton Inn for our 40th High School Class Reunion. The seating was perfect and food was very good. The outdoor fireplace seating area was inviting. Many classmates lodged at the Inn for the weekend and were satisfied. There are some small shops directly across the street and the area exudes that New England charm.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
WaddyF1, General Manager at The Groton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Cheryl D,

We so loved having you here. I know that a few of our staff remembered your class.

Please come back on your next 5th.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I have attended many different functions at the newly built Groton Inn. This Inn was painstakingly recreated in the style of the old historic Inn which sadly burnt down several years ago. I have attended several cocktail type functions where the food was delicious, bountiful and artistically displayed. The Inn itself is gorgeous with an outdoor courtyard complete with a fireplace perfect for our Fall cool evenings. I have also held a morning meeting in their breakfast space. The breakfast buffet is ample with a made-to-order chef active omelet station, fresh fruits, home fries and bacon, yogurt, bagels and assorted pastry, cereal, assorted juices and a still water/ carbonated water station. On the day I went there was also a chef special. The staff on was extremely attentive, almost seeming disappointed when I self served my coffee refill! Overall, my experiences at the Inn have been fantastic!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Deirdre M
WaddyF1, General Manager at The Groton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Deirdre,

We certainly appreciate your comments and your keen eye for detail in our efforts. We are very proud of the Inn and our level of service.

Please come back and see us soon. When you do, stop in to say "hello"!

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We were very excited by the reopening of the Inn. We are in the area regularly. I would not describe the decor as quaint, but rather comfortable, and everything is new. Hallways and rooms are carpeted, rather than having wood floors. Staff are welcoming and friendly. I saw one review in which the reviewer complained that staff did not tell them where the carbonated water station is located; we can confirm we were immediately told at check in.

I have only suggestion for improvement: while the breakfast is the typical inn breakfast, and the made-to-order omelettes are excellent, the breads provided are surprisingly pedestrian. I am sure there are local providers of more artisanal breads that could be used. Hope management listens to this suggestion!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Frank P,

We are listening! Our bread selection at breakfast is being re-vamped hopefully in time for your next visit.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and the Inn. We listened to that, too!!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Opening week my 96 year old mother, niece and myself decided to have breakfast at this inn. The waiter was going to charge my mother $18 for an english muffin and hot tea. My niece and I were going to have the breakfast buffet for $18. I asked the waiter to talk to the manager because I found this price ridiculous for my elderly mother. The waiter told me that was the price. I told the desk I was going to do a review of this 3 star inn. The manger came out and took us in the office and told me first of all everything was great up to now, great reviews and no complaints.Tthis puts a very bad taste in my mouth being of the first bad review. He told m he did not think we were coming back and that he assumed we were out of townees so he did not think anything of it. He did not think he would ever see us again. He said come back he did not want to lose our business and he would take care of us . I asked him if he would consider a senior menu or discount for elderly customers. He did say he would consider it.I met him today and asked him if there is a senior menu and he said no. I asked him how much is an english muffin and a cup of tea he did not know but then said 10 bucks. and that I would have to pay the $18 for our breakfast. This is a 3 star inn and the prices are crazy for breakfast. It seems they are more interested in how much money they can make and not accommodating the elder customer. I have been to many restaurants around the world and most are extremely accommodating. No kids menu how about that!! I think it would have been a nice gesture to offer a gift certificate for our trouble. A good manger would have offered something. People take advantage of the elderly and I write this review out of respect and concern for our elderly population.

Date of stay: October 2018