“Superb food, diverse menu, caring staff!”

Cafe Adam Restaurant
Price range: USD 18 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A chef owned destination restaurant featuring local ingrdient driven cuisine. Award winning wine list, full bar, outdoor seating, special events, and large parties can be accomodated. Menu features homemade pasta, raw oysters, extensive native wild fish dishes, house smoked salmon, and in-house pastry chef. The restaurant is owned by Berkshire Native Chef Adam Zieminski and was established in 2006. In it's new location there multiple dining rooms and an open kitchen. We suggest reservations for both brunch and dinner.
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Everytime we come to Cafe Adam we are amazed by the superb, diverse menu. The service is fantastic and the meticulously prepared dishes keep flowing out of what seems to be one of the hardest working kitchens I have ever seen. Dishes range from ice cold Wellfleet oysters and fried calamari (that rivals the best Brooklyn Italian restaurants) to an amazing, fresh tuna bento box! I recommend the tasty bbq ribs, but realize that the menu changes according to seasons, and there is always a carefully prepared seafood dish with seasonal vegetables, OMG! The servers are wonderful people and the bar is manned by superb, caring folks. Don't miss this special place.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We love this place enough to return every time we are in the area. It is reliably delicious, with fresh and innovative flavors that really highlight local produce and products. The preparations are marvelous and we very much appreciate the small, medium and entree sized meals, as well as wine available by the glass, carafe and bottle so that we can customize our meal. They are also very attentive to food allergies, which we appreciate, and know their ingredients well. The restaurant itself is lovely--unusual space that is decorated in a fun and relaxing manner that creates a kind of spunky, cheerful energy.
Our single complaint is the service. When we make a reservation (and we HIGHLY recommend making a reservation) for 8pm and the restaurant closes at 10, we do not expect to be rushed through our meal. This has happened multiple times and at first we thought it an anomaly but it has happened enough for us to understand that it is their practice. They want their tables cleared and reset by 10 so that their staff can leave, and it's fine, but then it would be unwise to accept reservations at 8pm. We felt rushed and pushed by the waiter, who kept hovering and snatched our plates away, and it wasn't a great feeling. For such a lovely and delicious restaurant, it would be really a bonus to have the feeling of being welcome and appreciated when you are there.

1  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 26 July 2017

For truly extraordinary cuisine, Cafe Adam is a gem. Portions are appropriate. And though there are NO cheap eats here, every bite is worth the price. Service is efficient and prompt. Dishes are prepared marvelously and with innovation, using fine and fresh ingredients. And we have never failed to me delighted with our food. Plenty of accessible parking, a rarity in Great Barrington, is an added bonus. For a very special dinner in GB, there is no place better.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The food is very good depending upon what you order. Two of us were very satisfied with our meals but two were not. Especially the one who ordered the special, the halibut, for $32. Out came a plate with a piece of fish that looked like it came out of a box from weight watchers it was that small. True it was sitting on the large bed of greens but the fish itself was very skimpy and terribly terribly salty. What was also very disturbing about this restaurant was that when we asked the waiter to split the salad in the back for two people we were told they would be a seven dollar charge. You heard that right seven dollars to split a salad in the back. Can you think of one restaurant in Manhattan that would ever do anything like that. And finally, when the bill came there were two items which should never have been on the bill equaling $18.50. That is really unforgivable. Would I go back to this restaurant? I believe I would but I would be very careful about what I was ordering and would definitely ask the size of the portion and also if it was going to be very salty. And also if I intended to share a salad I would definitely not ask them to split it for me. We were fortunate that the waiter informed us about the charge in advance but I am sure there are those waiters in the restaurant who do not. But whether they way tell you or not such a practice is not very customer friendly. If you are visiting the Berkshires and looking for a restaurant that is customer friendly and gives you ample portions at very good prices I suggest you either go to the Oldmill or go to Che Nous in Lee . I also suggest that the proprietors of Cafe Adam visit those two restaurants to see how customers are treated and also to see what kind of potions the people are getting for their buck. And lest you did not get my meaning, this is a very expensive restaurant.

2  Thank BARRY M
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Cafe Adam is one of our favorite restaurants in the Berkshires. The atmosphere is pleasant, service professional, drinks reasonable and food very good.