“Date Night”

Price range: USD 18 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A chef owned destination restaurant featuring local ingrdient driven cuisine. Award winning wine list, full bar, outdoor seating, special events, and large parties can be accomodated. Menu features homemade pasta, raw oysters, extensive native wild fish dishes, house smoked salmon, and in-house pastry chef. The restaurant is owned by Berkshire Native Chef Adam Zieminski and was established in 2006. In it's new location there multiple dining rooms and an open kitchen. We suggest reservations for both brunch and dinner.
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Second time I've had dinner at Cafe Adam (have been several times for parties) and it will become a regular for us. Food incredible, service excellent, and hosts friendly and accommodating. Dining room was full (and we had a reservation in the dining area but we opted to sit in the bar at their comfy couch table). It was less noisy, less busy and easier to hold a conversation. Wine list is excellent! They happened to be having a sale on bottles of wines so we got a great deal on a terrific bottle (and they packaged it up for us to take home since we didn't finish it).

We started with the crispy artichokes. Out of this world delicious! My husband had the ribs; so good! Meat really tender; melt in your mouth delicious and the cornbread/kale/bean accompaniment just as good and a perfect match to the ribs. I had the hanger steak. Perfectly cooked, nicely sized, delicious. The fries were also very good; nice and crispy serviced with home made "ketchup." The arugula and tomato salad tasty but not much of it (would like to see a larger portion of greens).

The dessert menu was enticing but we were too full to partake. I think we'll just need to go some night for dessert.

People say it is very expensive but I find it comparable with other great restaurants in the area and the food is better with nicely sized portions.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Cafe Adam's food, service and wine list would be competitive
In NYC San Francisco or LA.

Good for any occasion or let it be the occasion

Cheers deserved

1  Thank psprague
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Cafe Adam is beautiful inside, although somewhat trendy.... We went at 5:30 pm on a Sunday before a curtain at the Mahaiwe and found the service to be spot on(granted this is the off season and an early seating. ) I give the food mixed reviews. The french Baguette was lovely. Crispy crust, airy bread, nice and warm. We ordered the spiced chick pea starter, not bad, nothing special and kind of out of place. I think it could have used a bit more of the spice mix and maybe a more interesting presentation but I am the schmoe who ordered chick peas, right? My dinner Scallops seared in butter topping an exquisite parsnip whip with a touch of parsnip crispy strips on top was exceptional. It was an extraordinary meal and I would love to duplicate it. My husband's smoked salmon pasta dish was in my opinion overpowering, seemed to lacking for a fine dining experience, although he really enjoyed it. It is unfair for me to comment since I don't care for cream sauce. Hubbie had a nice stout-very coffee forward ( I would not have paired it with pasta but that was his choice, not theirs. I had a nice French chardonnay that paired very well with my dish . I do find the wine list a obnoxiously daunting and heavily French- not to mention the hefty price tag on many of the selections but I'm not convinced this is bad or out of place for French inspired cuisine. Overall I liked it. I think the price tag was a bit high but they clearly use fine ingredients and create some outstanding food. I'd like to go back some time and try some other dishes.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I was invited to dine with business partners at Cafe Adam where I have gone for business and pleasure in the past. Food was good but not excellent. Service was slow and we did not feel attended to as we had in the past. Server made no recommendation or did he engage with us at all.
Quite costly for the area but the food quality is worth it. Nothing beats it in the vicinity.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner. We were a group of three. All of us enjoyed the meal. Wine list was amazing. Varied interesting appetizer, dinner and dessert menus. Fairly priced given high quality ingredients and portion size. Loved the bread as well. High ceilings gives restaurant a spacious feel and the tables are nicely spaced. Attentive service.