“I guess you need to know somebody.”

Rubi's Coffee & Sandwiches
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The latte is the best in town, but the attitude left me asking why I kept going back. It just seemed like they couldn't care less. Eventually I did quit going back and have since enjoyed perfectly good lattes at Fuel.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stopped in while passing though. The coffee shop was nice. The Rubiner's Cheesemongers in front was having a book signing of a famous Austrian chef, so the theme at the coffe show was Austria. They were grilling wurstels outside and were serving Austrian Beer and Wine. I assume this was just for the event, but having grown up in Austria, I appreciated being able to order an Austrian Zipher beer.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed 22 April 2012

During the day we were in Rubi's cheese store and overheard about their restaurant. After having their marvelous cheese we knew we would be in for a treat. No reservations- come as you are- our kind of place.
We went for a light diner and stayed for the free oyster bar.Can't say enough about the whole experience. We really liked the fact that they serve local produce in season.
We ordered their fish stew- fishmonger's selection, potatoes, onion, fennel in a saffron and tomato fish broth- and a fish taco. Compliments to Austin Banach and Nick Browne for the delicious food and Amy Wong for the service.

On Friday and Saturday nights they have a raw bar and grill.The smell is intoxicating.
Rather than throw their wonderful oysters away, they serve what they have left in a happy hour from 10-11. We were more than happy! We had east beach blondes, winter point oysters, bagaduce, and some little neck clams. They make a mac "n" cheese with a different cheese weekly. They call it a coffee and sandwiches but their grill cheese sandwiches are anything but American cheese- for example a fondue sandwich , or adelegger, cornichons, & dijon on pullman white. We will be back !

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We loved this place. The BLT and Grilled cheese were out of this world! Gotta love fresh ingrediants and a nice little place but you could easily walk past if you don't look for it.

Date of visit: September 2011
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I went here because it had outdoor seating and we had our golden retriever with us. The small outdoor seating accommodated us nicely as well as several other people and about 4 other dogs too. VERY dog friendly place to go which is always important to us.

Pricing was a bit expensive ($9.95 for tuna sandwich- no pickle or chips included). BUT, it was the most delicious albacore tuna sandwich I've had in such a long time! The bread was toasted to perfection and the seasonings/ mayo added to the tuna was so good! My husband got an italian sandwich and that was amazing too. Italian is usually my favorite sandwich and if I was to go there again I'd be torn between the two since they were both delicious!

It's not a place where you are waited on. You order at the counter and they will bring your order to your table. Great atmosphere! They are also a coffee shop but we didn't order any. I definitely recommend this place!

Date of visit: July 2011