“Super delicious and suitably spicy”
Review of Sichuan Gourmet

Sichuan Gourmet
Ranked #6 of 207 Restaurants in Framingham
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Hot and sour soup was the real thing; always a good test for the quality of a Chinese restaurant. Pork with yu Xiang sauce was very good. The Sichuan special cold roast beef, tendon, and tripe with chili sauce was an awesome taste treat! Very efficient and friendly service.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We have been here many times and have never been disappointed. The hot and sour soup is great and filled with various ingredients. The Prawns in grand mariner, dried chicken in chili sauce, spinach with garlic sauce, shrimp fried rice are some of our favorites. You can’t go wrong here. Very fast service. We are now regulars here and none others in the area compare with the tastes here.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

One of the more popular Chinese food restaurants in the area. Although a little hard to do due to some language challenges, you can order things made they way you like them and they are very accommodating. As someone who has dietary issues, that is important! Food is very good!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I have been to this restaurant several times and was never disappointed. Food is excellent and service is cordial and attentive. On top of that, the vast majority of customers are Chinese which means that food is very close to authentic. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

I went here with family and friends for our annual Christmas pilgrimage, and I left thinking Framingham might not be too far for Chinese food after all.

Coming from Acton, the drive was nearly 35 minutes, but by the time we pulled into the congested parking lot off of Route 9, we got the sense that this was going to be slightly different than our neighborhood joint. There were cars coming in and out everywhere, hordes of people going into and out of the restaurant, and aromas of Chinese cooking permeating the cold December air. We had to wait a few minutes even though we had managed to grab a reservation earlier in the day (after striking out the previous evening before the snowstorm). The restaurant was jam packed, but our spot in the far end with a lazy Susan in the middle of our round table was quite cozy.

Service was prompt, presumably because they were anxious to move tables along quickly. We ordered hot and sour and egg drop soup, scallion pancakes, fried rice with vegetables, Lo Mein with vegetables, chicken with cashew nuts, eggplant with Yu Hsiang sauce, Sichuan string beans, Chinese bean stems, family style tofu, and steamed rice. For a mostly vegetarian meal, I was very impressed. The items that I’m used to eating – hot and sour soup and chicken with cashew nuts – were quite good. The soup seemed meatless, with a few Chinese mushrooms rather than the typical kitchen sink of substance, but its lighter than normal broth made it stand out from other soups I’ve had in the past. The chicken was perfectly fine as well, without any of the excessively brown brown sauce than can sometimes turn my stomach. Our fried rice was eggless, and it was much whiter than the usually soy sauce saturated variety. All the other dishes were good as well, perhaps highlighted by the bright, stir-fried bean stems with garlic sauce which happen to have been the restaurants seasonal vegetable of the day.

Service was not the greatest but not as much of a showstopper in my mind as that of at least one other person in our party. They could have replenished our water more and found a more graceful way of delivering the check and fortune cookies than dropping them onto the table … before even checking to see if we wanted to order more. Again, I felt there was pressure to move us along ASAP because of the long line of people trying to sit down for dinner. We took our time though, and nobody bothered us. By the time we left after 8 PM, after approximately two hours, the lobby was still streaming with hungry patrons who watched jealously as we departed with full stomachs.

The other factor worth noting is the noise level. Again, I’m assuming that it was due to the Christmas rush, but it was not very easy to have conversations with anyone who wasn’t next to me without raising my voice. Alas, success breeds popularity, and popularity breeds issues which can hinder success. For Sichuan Gourmet, however, I’m willing to extend a mulligan in light of the circumstances.

4  Thank Cherry_Wonderdog