“Really terrific food here”
Review of Nzuko

Nzuko
Ranked #25 of 206 Restaurants in Framingham
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Today I drove up to this plaza with the intention of going to Boston Market. However, I parked, looked up, and realized I had no idea what "Nzuko" was, nor was it particularly easy to tell from the outside. I saw some signage indicating healthy and organic food, so I took a walk inside. It was about 2pm, so it wasn't particularly busy.

The lady at the ordering stand was helpful in guiding me toward gluten free choices (there are many and FYI I did not get the least bit sick from my meal, which means they are solidly gluten free choices) and also cautioned me not to order jerk chicken unless I like spicy food. How nice would it be if we were all cautioned before ordering something that could be too spicy? I thought that was really great.

My food was ready quickly and I was on my way. I ordered the jerk chicken with mushroom rice and two fried plantain strips. I was absolutely in heaven. While I don't think the jerk sauce was literally made that minute (it's just not feasible), it was very apparent that the food was fresh and healthy. The plantains were very fresh and at the perfect stage of ripeness. I truly can tell the difference with freshness and have become really picky with places lately. This restaurant is the real deal.

The signage noted that they pride themselves on healthy/organic ingredients, which I love. To me, this is worth the price. And, TBH, not sure what everyone is talking about with the portions. I had a huge plate of food for takeout and I think it was $11 for lunch. Good ingredients are expensive for a small business, it just is what it is. I for one am happy they are committed to quality.

The decor on the inside was just so quaint and well done. The colors were shades of grey and the art on the wall was adorable. Just great vibes all around. I told my husband we HAVE to come here soon to eat in. I'm dying to try their healing smoothies!!

If you like African/Caribbean food and also have dietary restrictions like vegan/gluten free, this place is worth seeking out.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I went to Nzuko several months ago bc I had a drive to MGH and needed something I could eat with one hand while driving. The sandwich I ordered was a jerk chicken wrap and I polished it all before I even got onto the Mass Pike! Ever since, I've been going to Nzuko weekly for dinner and haven't looked back. The restaurant is a gem because it serves healthy food and soups that are flavorful and not overly salted. It's hard pressed to find Caribbean/Mediterranean style restaurants in the burbs that are healthy. The wraps are super flavorful with sweet plantains inside along with jerk chicken giving it a spicy, sweet out of this world contrast of flavors. The genius of their wraps is that the flavors inside the wrap are so delicious that you don't mind that they are all inside a bland healthy tasting whole wheat wrap! The wrap is just doing what it's supposed to do and that's to hold all the good cuisine together! The restaurant inside is very charming too, a lot of personal touches with a laid back islandy vibe. We need more Nzukos! I'm both Caribbean and Mediterranean and I give this restaurant two big thumbs up.

1  Thank AlexisAvila
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter craved fried plantains. After a bit research we came across Nzuko’s and it is good!! Very friendly and quick service and the food is just delicious. Very simple and good.
While we sat and ate we saw many take out guests. And I know why.
Thanks! Great dinner.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I used to go to this place for years and now they have a new look and I am assuming new management. Food was ok but very salty and dry. I ordered falafel (which was really hard). Salad was old and all wilted (I understand it's organic and they won't last for too long but it is still need to be inspected). Staff try hard but something is off. The place looks much brighter than before but smell of fresh paint was a bit disturbing. I am sure it'll be fine in future. Lovely decor.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great selection of organic, vegan and fresh food. Comfortable sitting. Vast selection and variable menu.

Been to Nzuko? Share your experiences!