“Great house, but weather disappointing”
other travellers have booked this property
Gorgeous Front Room View of Front Room from Kitchen
Second Bathroom
Famous Old Silver Beach
Gorgeous Sunset Overlooking Falmouth Harbour
Welcome to Blue Water Shores
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
llschwack...
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Great house, but weather disappointing”
Reviewed 5 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The home is really lovely, and has been professionally decorated. I enjoyed the space within
the home which made the time spent indoors productive. My husband had brought his guitar, and I had my watercolor paints with me.

The weather the following day (Monday) was comfortable, and we were able to use our beach chairs by the water and enjoy the beautiful, peaceful scenery, and sunshine.

Unfortunately, it rained on Tuesday, and was overcast, or drizzling the rest of the time we were there.

I think that the home has much to offer, in terms of interior space. I was able to complete
a watercolor painting that I had started previously. My husband had a good time with his guitar and musical chord progressions.

My only issue was with the cool air leaking around an air-conditioning unit that didn't fit snug within the window it occupied. I WAS ABLE TO REMEDY THE SITUATION by stuffing the gap in the window with a pillow.

The kitchen provides a good work space. The washer and dryer work well.The de-humidifier in the lower level needs to be emptied at least once a day, which is not a problem since there is a sink right next to it.

I think this is a great house.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Interior space
Liked least: Air leak around window
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jtang139
“Bad experience”
Reviewed 6 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

A family vacation that was supposed to be great, turned sour through a rude host.

Overall we did not enjoy our stay at this house and did not have a good experience with the hosts. When we arrived, the house was not ready. It was obvious the host did not clean the house and was still discarding the previous renters' garbage.

The refrigerator was not operating efficiently. We placed our food in the fridge overnight but the temperature wasn't cold enough, notified the host and her husband came in to adjust but it did not improve. As an alternative she offered us to use the basement fridge however it was full with other renters left over food or their own food, barely any space for us to use. Secondly the host did not provide garbage bags and when asked, claimed it was common practice not to provide. She kept changing her mind and eventually asked a neighbor to give us 2 garbage bags for two full families over the weekend.

Lastly, the host communicated she provides linens and towels as courtesy in her note, emphasizing that no other host in Cape Cod provides these accomodations. What is most infuriating is that she failed to communicate clearly her preference in how we should leave the house. We cleaned thoroughly and did not make any mess, as this wasn't our fist time using flipkey. Yet, she complained we left her house as a mess, treating her house like a hotel and she took photos as evidence. Not sure what kind of photos were taken, but one can't help but think she could've exaggerated the mess herself to charge us the additional $120.

We left the house exactly how we entered, with the exception of not making the beds or leaving sheets/linen in laundry - she shouldve clearly communicated this to us beforehand if this is her preference instead of threatening to share photos and making a complaint afterwards, seems to me they were just cheating and looking to make extra $120. The money is far from an issue but this host was very unclear, house was not clean when we entered, she was very rude and disrespectful. I do not recommend this host or house and am very unhappy with this Flipkey experience and will seek competitors for my next rent.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Aug 2016
Please allow me to reply to this upsetting review. The house was ready for your arrival. We provide linens and towels for our guests, which is not common practice by other renters at the Cape. The home is NOT a hotel. It is a home to stay and renters bring their own supplies. What I supply is a courtesy. There was indeed garbage outside leftover by previous guests, but since our cleaning person couldn't go over there to put it on the street for pick-up, my husband drove 1 hour and 20 minutes to do it himself so that you were not subjected to it. We have 2 large refrigerators and a dorm fridge in the house and they were all working perfectly. The one in the kitchen was not cooling properly and we came and adjusted it. Now as for how the house was left. Again, my home is not a hotel with maid service. Every bed was used and sheets and blankets just left on the beds. Every towel was used and also just left all over. NOTHING was cleaned. I CLEARLY have written rules in the kitchen that state that if my linens are used, I ask that they be washed and put away. We then go in and MAKE the beds so that our guests don't have to worry about it. I clearly state that the home be left as found. CLEAN. I'm sorry if you feel I was rude, but I expect my home to be treated with respect. We actually bend over backwards for our guests and we have never been accused of being anything but hospitable and nice.
Oliviamia
“Great family house!”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

First time my husband and I took our young daughters to the Cape for vacation. We were more than pleased with the house we rented.It was extremely clean and the kitchen was fully stalked with supplies so we didn't need to bring anything for
cooking and cleaning. Everything from a coffeemaker, to pots and pans to even lobster utensils (which made my husband very happy!) Upon arrival we had a few questions about how to work the tv's and the owner got back to us right away. There were enough bedrooms to comfortably accommodate the 6 of us that stayed and the finished basement was great for the kids to play and watch tv so they were never right on top of us. The beaches and center of town were only a few minutes away which was a plus. House is located on a very quiet street and there was no noise at night whatsoever. I would recommend this house for your next trip to Falmouth and we would
definitely consider staying there again!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
27 Jul 2016
Hi Nicole! Thank you so much! It was a pleasure having your family stay at our house and I'm so happy you were all were satisfied with it. I know you had great weather and I was thrilled. Like I said, contact me for next year if you come to the Cape again. Would love to have you back! Pina
traveling...
Vernon, Connecticut
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We booked this rental months ago and had been looking forward to it. The house was very easy to find and is located a short drive from beaches and other highlights of Falmouth. When we arrived we noticed there was pet hair everywhere and it was sticking to our clothes and socks. Our toddler is used to playing on the floor and we had to keep asking him to stay off the floor. I ended up vacuuming but the pet hair was just everywhere and kept getting on our clothes.
The living area in the basement was never used by us due to the smell of dog and musty mildew. I wanted to wash the pet hair off our clothes but the washing machine had mold in it. I spent time cleaning as much mold as I could out of there. The back screen door is held together with painters tape and there are water stains on the bedroom ceiling with the queen bed. The queen bed was extremely uncomfortable and looked very old. If you are taking young kids, be careful - the wood floors are very slippery and the stairs are very steep. My son slipped and fell down the stairs.
It is asked that you wash sheets and towels before you leave and fold them. While the request sounds reasonable, it was actually an inconvenience when trying to get packed up by check out time.
At one point the owner was there during our sons nap time and wanted to mow the lawn. It was an awkward exchange since we didn't know who he was and we were returning from the beach so we were not there when he arrived.
Overall the house needs a lot of cleaning and love. It needs paint touch ups, something was spilled on the bedroom wall, needs screen fixed, mold and musty smells removed. Since we did not use the basement we did not have an option to watch tv in the main living room. Instead there is some kind of locked hutch where it seems a tv should be. The sponges at the sink also smelled terrible and we went and bought our own.
We never really relaxed because we never felt comfortable here. It was so disappointing - we looked forward to it for so long and spent our hard earned money and really only got a place that we could sort of sleep. I was reading in bed one night and a spider came down from the ceiling on to my book and there were cobwebs everywhere.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy to find
Liked least: It was not clean
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Jul 2016
Hi Monica, I regret that you were unhappy with our home. Yours was one of the first times that I did not clean the house myself but rather used a cleaning person to oversee the place before the next renter. When you told me about the pet hair, I told you that I would come over and vacuum and use a Roomba that I own to go over the whole house. At which point you said it was fine. We also keep a dehumidifier downstairs and try to keep it running, but if the water is not poured out, it will no longer run, resulting in a musty smell. We have 3 tv's in that house that work perfectly. The downstairs, the kitchen and master bedroom. I saw no point in having yet another one on the cabinet where I keep odds and ends. Also, as far as washing sheets and towels,. We provide a service that most at the Cape don't. Here homes are provided without linens. We provide them for you (and have you find nice made beds) buy we only ask that if you use ours, to wash them before you leave. There might've been some pet hair, but I can assure you the house is not as bad as you are making it seem. All houses need touch ups and things might break during the summer and we would fix come fall. Overall, I am sorry that you were not pleased with the house and in the 3 years that we have rented it out, you would be the first. Thank you.
Cheryl M
New York
“Accommodating!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We booked our trip to the cape last minute and we were lucky to find this home available! We had everything we needed ,it was quiet and we were centrally located to everything--the ferry to Marthas Vineyard, grocery stores, beaches,etc. We loved Falmouth!!! The little town is amazing--great shopping,beautiful Old Silver Beach!! The owner of this property is very sweet!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
6 Jun 2016
Thank you Cheryl! It was a pleasure having your family stay at our home! I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation. And I want to thank you for the way you left the house. It was spotless and I appreciate it so much!! You are welcomed back if you ever decide to come back to the Cape!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing