“Wonderful location”
other travellers have booked this property
Driveway Oversize deck
Backyard
Living room
Livingroom
Livingroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
kerianne...
“Wonderful location”
Reviewed 20 November 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We visited for a week in August and had a wonderful time with family and friends. The location is perfect and the view from the deck was beautiful, especially during sunset. Can't wait to stay again this August!

wenz1
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Worst property I ever stayed at!”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I would have NEVER RENTED HIS PROPERTY if I saw the REAL CONDITION. The house was so DIRTY that I had to clean before I could touch anything. Even after cleaning, I still felt like I had to wash my hands after touching anything in that house. Just to name a few of the discrepancies are as follows:
1. Air Conditioning - One would expect that air conditioning means the entire home is air conditioned not just 1 bedroom located in the back of the house with a room air conditioner.
2. Deck - We could not sit out on the deck because of all the ants...I had to spray the deck using the water hose to drown the ants...opened the deck umbrella and a shower of earwig bugs came falling down...really disgusting!
3. The washer & dryer were located in the basement by which you had to go outside to the hatchway to gain access. I didn't even know how to get to the basement until the owner told me I have a key to gain access by going outside the home. I went to the local laundry mat because the washer was gross...mold all around the top.
4. The grill was DISGUSTING!!! It had food that was cooked left on it. Nothing was cleaned between rentals!!! I advised the owner I had to clean everything and he told me that he had a cleaning crew that comes in between rentals. Very doubtful!!! You can clearly see cob webs in the photo showing the candle on both end of the opening between the kitchen and living room. I mopped the kitchen floor 6 or 7 times using the "Wet Swifter" and it was so black, which I would have taken photos from the start of our stay.
5. He also had the property listed as Ocean Front...not true! Just a small slice of water view, not OCEAN FRONT!.
I rented this property to celebrate my 32 wedding anniversary. I wanted to leave the same day we arrived but had just spent $1,816 ($500 refundable deposit) to stay at this place. I did not have the financial resources to go anywhere else!!! A person waits all year for a vacation with the expectation that they have rented a property as described in its ad. Certainly was not the case for me!!!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: The place is a filthy mess!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Sep 2016
I was there that day that the cleaning person starting to clean my house. You stated that you cleaned the house before you told me or I could see it. If the house was that dirty, then you should have called me then, so I could have a cleaning person check it out. This is the first time that anybody complained about the cleanliest of the house in since we started renting. The first review said the house was very clean. I didn’t put Central AC in my listing which normally means whole house, not sure why you thought the whole house had AC. As far as the deck this was the first I heard of the ant issue, that is an easy fix. The washer had no mold around it that i could see. The kitchen floor was brand new and installed in the Spring so I can’t see the floor was black as this reviewer stated. The grill had no food on it as stated. Before you cook on any grill they say in the booklet to preheat the grill before actually cooking. This reviewer complained to my neighbor and the workers about cutting three trees down late afternoon that was in there. I wish I was told about these issues earlier instead of late Thursday which you were leaving on Saturday

Travellers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

Maria B
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Musty”
Reviewed 20 August 2016 for a stay in September 2014

We stayed in this property for a week. The place had a very musty smell that was overwhelming. The grill was disgusting and had food that was cooked left on it. Not even cleaned between rentals. We didn't want to eat off of any if the plates or use the cookware because it was so gross. We had to go to Christmas tree store to get a stovetop grill. The washer and dryer were located in the basement which was only accessible through the basement. My husband told me to not even go down there. We had to clean everything before we used it. The only redeeming quality of this place was the view from the deck.

22 Aug 2016
Thanks for the review after two long years. I checked my old email/test messages and don't see any issues that was mentioned above. I don't remember any conversations about these issues as well after two long years. The main floor has no room for washer and dryer so it was placed in the basement. There's is access in the closet, however the angle was way too wide that you would have to duck your head, which is a hazard. I blocked this off. I will take this constructive criticism and will look at this between upcoming rentals. Sincerely, Mark Kane
A TripAdvisor Member
“Accommodating element of a large family reunion vacation”
Reviewed 18 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We used this property as extra sleeping accommodations for a large family reunion vacation involving 1 large central property close to Bristol beach. The property was great for serving our needs. This property was not used for preparing meals so we cannot vouch for the kitchen function. However, the house had a great open layout, a large kitchen area, had some window AC units, only only feet from a pond for water sport activities, approximately a mile from town beaches, and was very clean. The owner was available and responsive to questions. Check in/out was very easy and TripAdvisor was user friendly for payment and receipt of deposit.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Aug 2016
I thankyou for the nice review and hope you had a nice reunion with your family.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing