We visited for a week in August and had a wonderful time with family and friends. The location is perfect and the view from the deck was beautiful, especially during sunset. Can't wait to stay again this August!
I would have NEVER RENTED HIS PROPERTY if I saw the REAL CONDITION. The house was so DIRTY that I had to clean before I could touch anything. Even after cleaning, I still felt like I had to wash my hands after touching anything in that house. Just to name a few of the discrepancies are as follows:
1. Air Conditioning - One would expect that air conditioning means the entire home is air conditioned not just 1 bedroom located in the back of the house with a room air conditioner.
2. Deck - We could not sit out on the deck because of all the ants...I had to spray the deck using the water hose to drown the ants...opened the deck umbrella and a shower of earwig bugs came falling down...really disgusting!
3. The washer & dryer were located in the basement by which you had to go outside to the hatchway to gain access. I didn't even know how to get to the basement until the owner told me I have a key to gain access by going outside the home. I went to the local laundry mat because the washer was gross...mold all around the top.
4. The grill was DISGUSTING!!! It had food that was cooked left on it. Nothing was cleaned between rentals!!! I advised the owner I had to clean everything and he told me that he had a cleaning crew that comes in between rentals. Very doubtful!!! You can clearly see cob webs in the photo showing the candle on both end of the opening between the kitchen and living room. I mopped the kitchen floor 6 or 7 times using the "Wet Swifter" and it was so black, which I would have taken photos from the start of our stay.
5. He also had the property listed as Ocean Front...not true! Just a small slice of water view, not OCEAN FRONT!.
I rented this property to celebrate my 32 wedding anniversary. I wanted to leave the same day we arrived but had just spent $1,816 ($500 refundable deposit) to stay at this place. I did not have the financial resources to go anywhere else!!! A person waits all year for a vacation with the expectation that they have rented a property as described in its ad. Certainly was not the case for me!!!!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
We stayed in this property for a week. The place had a very musty smell that was overwhelming. The grill was disgusting and had food that was cooked left on it. Not even cleaned between rentals. We didn't want to eat off of any if the plates or use the cookware because it was so gross. We had to go to Christmas tree store to get a stovetop grill. The washer and dryer were located in the basement which was only accessible through the basement. My husband told me to not even go down there. We had to clean everything before we used it. The only redeeming quality of this place was the view from the deck.
We used this property as extra sleeping accommodations for a large family reunion vacation involving 1 large central property close to Bristol beach. The property was great for serving our needs. This property was not used for preparing meals so we cannot vouch for the kitchen function. However, the house had a great open layout, a large kitchen area, had some window AC units, only only feet from a pond for water sport activities, approximately a mile from town beaches, and was very clean. The owner was available and responsive to questions. Check in/out was very easy and TripAdvisor was user friendly for payment and receipt of deposit.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Bathroom cleanliness|