“Characterful and comfortable”
Review of Palmer House Inn

Palmer House Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 September 2017

This was a beautiful Cape Cod Inn complete with four-poster beds and delightful touches at every turn. Although most of the building dates back to the very early 1900s, it is lovingly and immaculately maintained by Bill and Pat (the proprietors) who chatted and advised freely about places worthy of a visit. The inn is placed close enough for a gentle stroll to the main street with if quaint mixture of non-multiple shops and a wide variety of very good shops and far enough away to avoid any disturbance for those who like an early night. On top of the amazing breakfast, the hosts provide a range of hot and cold drinks and soft cookies for a suppertime snack.

Room Tip: If you have ever wondered what it is like to sleep in a four-poster bed which needs a stool to climb...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
innkeeperpat, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Herbie M,
Many thanks for the outstanding review. You are correct, our location is one of our best features. It was a pleasure to host you. We hope to see you again.
Truly yours,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The Palmer House Inn is a great choice for a Cape Cod vacation. Everything about the inn is inviting - the rooms, the common areas including the dining room and the outdoor garden. The owners, Bill & Pat, and their staff are very gracious and friendly. They are always ready and willing to provide information and directions. The breakfasts were more than delicious each day and there is so much attention paid to detail at the Palmer House. Our stay was no less than perfect. We truly hated to leave. (Special thanks to Roxana for her attention and friendliness during our stay.)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
innkeeperpat, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear NYSpike07,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Palmer House. Roxana is wonderful. She is a college student from Romania. She is planning to return for the 2018 summer season.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

You cannot do better than this place. Great location. Great accommodations. Great staff. The place is CLEAN!
Cannot ask for or get better.
We lived , seasonally, in Falmouth for 35 years. Always sent our overflow crowd there. Just enjoyed it ourselves for the first time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nonchallant1
innkeeperpat, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Nonchallant, It was great to meet a good friend for the first time. Thank you for the great review.
Always, Bill & Pat

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the lovely traditional B & B, that reminded us of our days visiting London and Scotland! Well located, clean and very friendly staff! Delicious breakfast too, especially their Cottage Cakes!

We would definitely return if the opportunity arises again! Our family enjoyed the experience!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
innkeeperpat, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Lisa,
It was truly a pleasure to be your hosts. You and your sons were a delight.
Truly yours,

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Just got back from spending a week here! I found this online while searching early this year for "elopement packages." We originally planned on just eloping and I called Bill and booked a few nights and he was very helpful. We changed our minds several times and several phone calls later (Bill was always helpful) we decided to have a beach wedding with 25 guests and just stay at the inn and not use their package. Upon arriving the girl Mary working at the desk was very friendly and gave us a tour. We stayed in the penthouse the first 6 nights and it was wonderful! By far the comfiest bed I've stayed in, a two person jacuzzi tub big bathroom and all the right touches. The home itself is gorgeous! Located on a quiet street with a quick walk to downtown that is full of cute shops and restaurants and a quick walk to the shuttle to take you to the ferry to the vineyard. The inn is beyond clean! The staff comes at night and does a turn down and leaves chocolate. Afternoon tea and cookies. The breakfasts were great. The kitchen was so helpful and accommodating to food allergies. The cottage cakes and cape cod sunrises were my absolute favorite! I missed them this morning! Breakfast everyday was fantastic. Always a fruit course and main course. Cereals yogurts ect as well. I absolutely loved the charm of this inn. I really can't not say one bad thing about this property. It was a wonderful place to stay.

Cons: We had twenty something guests stay with us for two nights. The morning of our wedding a bunch of us went to breakfast at the same time. No more than any other day we were there. My parents in laws and sister and brother in law waited 45 minutes before they got their food while another couple who came after all of them and got served right away. I was very upset as we had hair make up appts. I found Bill and told him and it was addressed right away. I understand that a couple of the girls were new and we had a big group but there were big groups there almost everyday we were there and there wasn't this issue. I understand things happen and the next morning they had went above and beyond to serve us all and set an extra table for us. That was the only hiccup on our trip everything else was fantastic.

I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts, I enjoy the more intimate feel and the comfort compared to hotels. The only other thing that threw me off guard was upon leaving Pat told us to have a nice life, as if we would is never return? I found this kind of upsetting as if they didn't want us to return when before we left we were already excited to come back next year and Anniversaries to follow.

Palmer House is definitely on the top of my list of being one of my favorite bed and breakfast. Bill and Pat were very helpful. The girls who work there are all very sweet and kind. The property is well kept and clean. Great food! It has all the right special touches. As I said in the beginning it is now our special place and we can't wait to return!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
innkeeperpat, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Jamie W,
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you were upset about my wishing you a, "great life". I always wish our wedding couples good fortune when they are departing. They are starting a new chapter in life and it is my way of sending them off with good wishes. I am sorry that you misunderstood.

Always, Pat O'Connell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
0.2 km away
0.2 km away
Captain's Manor Inn
Captain's Manor Inn
#1 of 9 in Falmouth

Been to Palmer House Inn? Share your experiences!