“Same Building, Better Choice Than Elizabeth's”

Margarets Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Fairhaven
Price range: USD 0 - USD 8
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Fantastic BYOB restaurant. No reservations, but worth the wait if you encounter one. Food is always excellent. They're owned by the same people that own Elizabeth's, but the food is much better prepared and presented. A great little place that could easily become your favorite.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I owned and worked in the restaurant business until I was 32 years of age. I must say this is a local town restaurant with charm and character. I visit here at least once a week because you will never find better tasting seafood anywhere. The dishes are presented with fresh cooked vegetables and a starch of your choice, or you can substitute 2 vegetables in place of the starch. The Yellow Fin Tuna is one of my favorite dishes but I must say, it is a difficult choice when deciding on the other seafood dishes. Fresh Swordfish topped with a lobster alioli sauce; Cod fish baked, fired, or poached with fresh veggies, the best broiled or fired scollops anywhere; Shrimp sautéed with chourico, potatoes, vegetables on a bed of rice or sautéed spinach; Baked stuff shrimp; and I can go on and on!
The staff are exceptional friendly and accommodating. Especially, "Alexa" ,one of my favorites. You must be aware that the the restaurant seats approximately 55 people in a small cozy 2 room setting. Also included is a 6 seat counter. You are allowed to B.Y.O.B. but non alcoholic beverages are part of the menu. Desserts are homemade and delicious. If, you don't like seafood, there are other menu choices that will please your palate but I highly recommend the seafood dishes.
Ok! Enough said. Don't miss out. Lunches are fabulous, but you can also do dinner there on Friday and Saturday nights only. They close on Tuesday, serve lunch on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday (11:30am-2:00pm). Don't present later than 1:45pm or you will be rushed. Breakfast is served on Saturday till 11AM, and Sunday till 12PM. Go enjoy and let me know what you think. Bon Appetite!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Margaret's was suggested to me by some
local friends. The food was very impressive. We enjoyed a scallop, bacon and spinach appetizer, we both got seafood for our main course. Everything was very flavorful and cooked perfectly. My only complaint is that service was overly friendly. But it did get busy fast!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This may be contrarian, but 2x we went for breakfast, the 2nd time with a friend - both times were just okay. I probably won't go again, but I won't dissuade you from trying. The environment is terrific, the coffee good, but the breakfast just average - not as good as what I can make at home. 3 Eggs over easy - good, 1 scrambled egg - enormous for my friend and my husband's pancakes - not good enough to take the leftovers home, sorry to say.
I will try again for lunch or dinner - the reviews are that consistently good.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Better Than Ever!!! Always a favorite in Southeastern Mssachusetts. Incredible seafood offerings, great lunches and breakfasts. We tried this on a Saturday evening, good thing it was 5PM, within a half hour of our arrival the waiting time was 30 minutes or more. This is a BYOB restaurant, and we forgot our bottle at home so we started with a couple of soda's. My wife ordered the Lobster Ravioli, and I had one of the best burgers i have ever had. There was so much lobster ravioli, hat a good portion came home with us. The burgers came with some options, I chose sauted peppers and onions with cheddar cheese. The fries with the burger were exceptional. So, bottom line we will be back really soon.....