“Breakfast 2 Times - Meh!”

Margarets Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Fairhaven
Price range: USD 0 - USD 8
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This may be contrarian, but 2x we went for breakfast, the 2nd time with a friend - both times were just okay. I probably won't go again, but I won't dissuade you from trying. The environment is terrific, the coffee good, but the breakfast just average - not as good as what I can make at home. 3 Eggs over easy - good, 1 scrambled egg - enormous for my friend and my husband's pancakes - not good enough to take the leftovers home, sorry to say.
I will try again for lunch or dinner - the reviews are that consistently good.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Better Than Ever!!! Always a favorite in Southeastern Mssachusetts. Incredible seafood offerings, great lunches and breakfasts. We tried this on a Saturday evening, good thing it was 5PM, within a half hour of our arrival the waiting time was 30 minutes or more. This is a BYOB restaurant, and we forgot our bottle at home so we started with a couple of soda's. My wife ordered the Lobster Ravioli, and I had one of the best burgers i have ever had. There was so much lobster ravioli, hat a good portion came home with us. The burgers came with some options, I chose sauted peppers and onions with cheddar cheese. The fries with the burger were exceptional. So, bottom line we will be back really soon.....

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Good food but bring your wallet. $32.00 for breakfast for two. Crowded and expensive. Had the pancakes w bacon. Nothing special but $16.00

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Went here with friends for lunch on a Saturday in February. It was not too crowded. The service was great and the food was really terrific - far exceeded my expectations for a small local place! I'd had lunch just a few days before at a pricey seaside restaurant and the lunch here (a special) put their food to shame! Next time I'm in the area, I will happily go out of my way to go back again. I am doing 'no carbs' now and had no trouble finding something yummy to eat.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

First off this is a small restaurant. We usually sit in the back room. We had been in Texas for 2 1/2 months and wanted some good seafood. I have had the best scallops in my life at this restaurant. The bread they serve you before your meal is also great, kind of an onion bread with sweetened butter. I had the fried scallops they were perfect about 15 of them but two were big so it seemed like 17. Fries and Cole slaw was very good. My wife had the fish and chips, I swapped 2 scallops for a small piece of her fish, it was excellent. So in all small place, nothing fancy but great food, great service.