“nice spot on the vineyard”

Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Edgartown
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Great staff , short walk to downtown Edgartown. Nice clean rooms, continental breakfast in a.m... We will stay here again I am sure. Accepts major credit cards as well. We were pleasantly surprised by our stay.

Stayed: June 2017
clarionmv, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear gawlfnut63:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our Clarion Inn of Edgartown, MA.

We thank you for your business and look forward to your return:

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We had a wonderful experience staying at this hotel. On the day of arrival, we were very early, and yet we were able to check in without a problem. On the day of departure, the staff allow us to check out late as well.

The hotel itself is located very close to downtown Edgartown, and right beside it, There is a Stop & Shop.

The room spacious with comfortable beds and comes with a microwave and refrigerator and many channels on the TV.

The staff are friendly and eager to help.

I highly recommend this to any family visiting Martha's Vineyard

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
clarionmv, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Marwan S:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Clarion inn of Edgartown, MA.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and beautiful Martha's Vineyard.

I have posted your comments for all employees to read.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I booked our room through Expedia and there was a promotion going where when you booked your room, you would not have to pay anything until you arrived at the hotel. This was back around February. Now come April I receive a call stating that they were going to cancel my reservation if I did not pay the required one night deposit. If that was the case, why wait until 2 months after the fact to let me know this. Anyway I get the money together and call the hotel to pay, only to be told that I actually did not have to pay anything right now, and that I was good to go. The person I spoke with was supposed to note this, but I'm not sure what happened there. Fast forward to today when I receive yet another call that they were cancelling my reservation because they called a few times and was not able to get ahold of anyone, and that I had not paid that deposit! Sigh...Truth is, I spoke with two different people on two separate occasions prior to this call so that is false (again, doesn't seem like anyone bothered to actually take notes, or read them if there were any). Finally, I called Expedia to see what the deal was and was eventually told (after Expedia contacted the Clarion) that the Clarion gave them the wrong information and that the pay everything when you get there was incorrect. I paid the deposit, but am starting to think we made a mistake staying here. Our vacation is in August (had to pick a date in order to submit this review) and everywhere else is pretty much booked. At $500.00 a night for a CLARION, this sure is a lot of work. I'll update my review if they get it together when we arrive and everything else is in order.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kwms206
clarionmv, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Kwms206:

Thank you for writing regarding your reservation. I do apologize for the confusion with your reservation.

It is true a 1 nights deposit is required, I am sorry this was not replayed to you at the time your made your reservation.

Please call me directly if you have any questions regarding your reservation. I can also assure you that you will have a wonderful time on the Island.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

The Cliffs are certainly worth seeing. They are on the eastern tip of Martha's Vineyard in a secluded area. There is a path which leads to the beach but we didn't go because it was a windy day. On top of the Cliffs, there are several small shoppes where drinks or souvenirs can be bought. This is a beautiful place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Vivian L. H
clarionmv, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear Vivian L.H.:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay on Martha's Vineyard.

We are pleased you selected the Clarion Inn of Edgartown for your lodging. We thank you for your business and look forward to your return.

And by the way we think the Island is beautiful also.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

The staff was okay and the breakfast was average. The hallway downstairs always smelled of food from the cafeteria. The housekeepers kept chatting all day. The rooms were dusty and the place constantly wreaked of smoke. Overall a very basic place.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
clarionmv, General Manager at Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear concerned 2000:

I am in receipt of your comment regarding your latest stay at our Hotel.

I apologize that you were not pleased with your experience at our Hotel.

We take all comments seriously and I will be looking into the dust issue. Our breakfast rooms only has 1 hot item and that is pancakes and the breakfast is served from 6am until 10am. I will also speak with the housekeepers, as we are gearing up for our busy season training is going on and that must have been the chatting you had mentioned.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and we do hope that you will give us a second chance.

If you have a moment please call me directly so we can discuss your issues.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael W. Nadeau, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
9.4 km away
1.1 km away
Kelley House
Kelley House
#9 of 10 in Edgartown

Been to Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard? Share your experiences!