“Been there twice this season”
Review of Edgartown Commons

Edgartown Commons
Reviewed 2 July 2017

The first time was in May. I rented the house and we had a lovely time until one Friday night there was a group that moved in next door. The male in the group kept threatening the woman he was with, screaming profanities at her and yes, we did knock on the wall. When some one threatens to kill someone, you tend to react. Those people left and the rest of my two week stay was a delight.
The second stay was in Condo # 33 which I do not recommend. The shower was moldy, the floors in the bath and kitchen area needed replacement, the towel rack was on the floor for God's sakes. The inside doors needed painting, the curtains were threadbare. I would not stay in that condo again unless it was updated.
Most of my stays over the past 5 years have been great, these last two were interesting to say the least.

Room Tip: DOn't stay in condo 33
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 May 2017

The price seemed unbeatable! Room seemed clean, but smelled quite musty and was dimly lit. The entire place is in desperate need of renovation, both inside and out. Appeared as if nothing has been updated in 30+ years!
Soon after arrival, my daughter, my niece and myself were sitting in living area and musing over a board game. Our decibel level was not high and it was approximately 9pm on Friday . We quickly were shocked and very frightened by an extremely loud pounding on our wall from whomever was staying in the next room. They apparently were VERY angered by what was NOT an excessive noise level! This was quite disturbing to all of us. I went down to the 'Front Office' (a dimly lit tiny space in a narrow alley next to a dumpster), passing several guests who were smoking around our 'bungalow', and reported this to the manager. He made a plea that we all 'try and get along'.
At that point, the four of us promptly returned our room keys and left. I did not even attempt to request any refund, as I was so happy and eager to leave this place!
It was another reminder of 'you get what you pay for'.

Room Tip: would not recommend
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank josephgrosso
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I average 2 weeks stay at a visit for the past 16 years that I have been fishing and volunteering at the Martha's Vineyard Striped Bass and Bluefish event every September and October.

The rooms are clean and spacious and I will be back again this year !

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

When I booked this hotel I didn't read the reviews. With that being said, I wasn't aware that the hotel did not have air conditioning and limited housekeeping service. The hotel supplies you with fans. Luckily, we were there the last weekend in August. There was a nice breeze in the evening which enables you to sleep comfortably.

We were there for two nights. During that time housekeeping did not provide service. I didn't bother to call the front desk because we were there for a short period of time. I'm assuming more frequent service is provided during longer stays.

The hotel is in walking distance to restaurants, shops and the supermarket. The bus stop is a few feet from the hotel. The grounds and pool are well maintained. The front desk person is pleasant. There is a small play ground for children.

Overall the hotel is reasonably priced and the accommodations are basic but sufficient. I would stay here again just not during the peak of summer.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Our stay here was great. Cant beat the location! Pool was perfect for my kids. Rooms were basic no frills. This place one me over when our fridge was broken upon arrival and not only was it replaced by the next morning but we were reimbursed for our dinner and breakfast. We will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
0.8 km away
0.2 km away
The Hob Knob
The Hob Knob
#1 of 10 in Edgartown

Been to Edgartown Commons? Share your experiences!