“ONE OF BEST RESTAURANTS SOUTH OF BOSTON”

Porticello Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Porticello Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Easton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I revisited one of my favorite restaurants when I went back east -- Porticello Restaurant in Easton, MA. My friends and I booked a table for three and we each had something different. I had a Swordfish Francaise which was a special that evening. And special it was. It was one of the best prepared swordfish entrees I had ever tasted. It was perfect as was the Caesar Salad. In the past I had always ordered the veal marsala which I think is the best on the planet. One of the people that accompanied me had the chicken marsala and said it was outstanding. The other person at our table had a pasta which he said was out of this world good. We finished our fabulous meal with a teramasu which was great. Everything about this restaurant is great -- the food, the service, the atmosphere, and the wine. And the price? I felt the bill was less than it should have been. BRAVO!!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We went here for our annual work holiday dinner, there were 6 of us (3 couples). I heard the place was good and read great reviews, so since we go to a new place every year for this occasion I made the suggestion to the group - and now feel terrible for it! We arrived at our reservation time and were seated about 15 minutes later. Our waitress promptly came over and took our drink and app order. We ordered 5 apps (mussels, scallops, calamari, stuffed mushrooms, and something else I forget) and specialty cocktails - obviously we were planning on spending a lot. The apps came out and were delicious and we put our order in for dinner. Our dinner came out, 2 liked their food, 1 was so-so and the other 3 not so much. I got salmon and it was very fishy tasting and smelling - yes it's fish but it is NOT supposed to smell foul. Another guest got the diavalo al scoglio which had an off taste and she couldn't even eat it - I tried it as well and had the same reaction. Another guest - and this is the reason I came to review - got the rack of lamb . It was TERRIBLY undercooked. We all convinced him he could NOT eat that or he'd get sick, so we called the waitress over to show her. She agreed it was very undercooked and would send it back. What came out was NOT a rack of lamb or even close to what he had gotten the first time. It was a TINY portion of lamb which appeared to be lamb lollipops - coincidentally the lamb lollipops were on the specials menu that evening. This lamb was well overdone, but he ate it anyways. We sat for awhile and chatted and continued ordering drinks since the restaurant was clearing out and we weren't taking up needed space. When we got the bill both lamb dinners were listed - now I'm not one to request things be taken off the bill, but there is NO WAY we should have been charged for dangerously undercooked lamb which was OFFERED to be redone by the wait staff - not "Hey we'll throw it back on the grill and cook it a little longer" it was offered to be redone completely with NO mention of being charged twice for it and we accepted. We called the waitress over to show her thinking it was an error, she said she'd go check. She came back and told us she had spoken to the manager and because 2 plates were delivered (even though one was taken back) they were still going to charge us for both. We pointed out his lamb wasn't even the lamb dinner since we obviously had known by the second lamb what the dinner portion should look like. We still got hesitation. We asked to speak to the manager. The waitress went over and spoke to him where we could see, SHE came back to the table - no manager! She again told us she spoke to him and it wouldn't be taken off the bill. I finally had to take a firm stance and tell her we would not be paying for this dangerously undercooked meat that could have gotten him sick and that it shouldn't be a problem with the hundreds of hundreds of dollars we were spending. She finally took it off the bill. This is so unacceptable for an upscale establishment - the manager should have come over, he also should have not refused twice especially knowing the amount of our tab. I REALLY wanted to like this place, but after our experience I'm not sure I'd give it another try. Too bad because the apps were great, it's SO close to home, the waitress was a doll and the drinks were made well. Save yourself the frustration and higher prices and go down the street to Tuto Bene.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

we recently decided to stop in after hearing great things about this restaurant. The menu had a decent amount of selections. I was contemplating between the chicken parmesan and the chicken picatta. decided on parm, which was a great choice. The chicken was cooked perfectly with the right amount of breading and sauce. our server was very pleasant and tended to us as if we were her only table even though it was fairly busy. I would recommend Porticello to anyone looking for excellent Italian food and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Very nice place when I went it was quiet not many other customers. Service was exceelnt and I was sooo happy with my meal My Husband got Veal Parm and claims he cant get it anywhere else now because it won't be as good as Porticello's

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Nestled on the corner of route138 and route 106 in Easton, Porticello's is a quaint well appointed bar and restaurant.
Upon entry the bar is on the left and is bright and has plenty of bar seating and several hightop's scattered around the perimeter, large tv's and cool lighting dominate behind the bar.
The restaurant on the right is white linen table cloths and low lighting, i'm guessing maybe 70-80 covers with an additional 20 in a small intimate dining room at the rear.
We were greeted by a very friendly young lady and were seated right away, we didn't have reservations but it was relatively quiet so no problem. They do take reservations and i'm guessing weekends it might be a good idea to call ahead.
Our server was Pollyanna who was an absolute delight, nothing fazed her and she was very accommodating, a real pleasure to be at her table.
Her bus boy was outstanding too, extremely friendly and very efficient.
On to the food.
I had the special seafood pasta consisting of shrimp, scallops, lobster, mussels and clams (i had mine sans the clams and mussels) served in a delicate saffron broth over spaghetti, excellent, i'd certainly order this again if it was on the special menu.
Wife had chicken marsala, this too was outstanding, perfectly cooked juicy chicken in a delicious sweet marsala sauce served over penne.
Both plates were completely cleaned off, perfect sized portions, just enough and good to the last bite.
Prices were certainly reasonable 30 bucks for the specials and pasta dishes ranging from 20-30 bucks depending on protein.
I'm seeing few negative reviews from folks not getting seated on time, or poor service, didn't see any of those tonight, then again it was fairly quiet.
The menu is a good size, there's a lot to choose from, they could probably down size the menu but what do you leave off without upsetting folks looking for traditional Italian staples?
Plenty of parking, great service, great food, all in all, a great experience!

Been to Porticello Restaurant? Share your experiences!