“Best Motel! Best staff! Best Everything!”
Review of Blue Dolphin Inn

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Eastham
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I didn't know directly where the motel was so I called to get some clarity. I was greeted politely on the phone and was given a clear direction! When I got to the hotel to check in the front desk personnel gave me all the information I could have needed so as to enjoy my 4 night stay at the motel. After which I went into my room. The sweet fragrance of the room greeted me as I opened the door! The room was clean, neat and spacious. The back patio was also neat and chairs well organized! Room service was given everyday. I just could not ask for more. The play ground was enjoyed by the kids and the big nice clean pool was something to remember, the pool was so nice that we didn't even bother to go to the beaches. I commend the managers, the pool person, the house keepers, front desk personnel for taking good care of the hotel and the guest. We will see you soon again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
bluedolphininn, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Greetings from the Blue Dolphin Inn!

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments. Our team is always dedicated to provide the best hospitality we offer our guests for a comfortable and memorable stay and we will not miss to share these thoughts with our team.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future, to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

The Blue Dolphin has become our new favorite, affordable lodging for our regular trips to the Outer Cape. We had an ample-sized room with two very comfortable double beds, a quiet reliable AC unit, and a serviceable if not fancy bathroom with plenty of hot water. We like to hang out at the pool for an hour or so after returning from the beach or sightseeing in the afternoon. All at a decent nightly rate. Breakfast is conveniently available next door (by foot) at Laura and Tony's Kitchen (a separate, independent facility). The motel is located right on Route 6 within a short drive of our favorite National Seashore beaches, nearby Wellfleet and Orleans restaurants, and Provincetown attractions. This was our second stay at the Blue Dolphin this summer, and we plan to return.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 130-140, on the quieter side of the facility.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I chose this motel based on the 4-star rating and reviews on Tripadvisor, and was disappointed. The 4 star accommodations I have stayed in previously have tended to be a cut above this property. The motel needs updating and has a slightly rundown feel to it. It could be very nice though with some TLC. The first room I was assigned had a strong smell of mold, but I was moved to another room which was fine. The room furnishings were a bit shabby. Cleanliness was average, neither spotless nor dirty. In its favor, the room was well-appointed for what I would consider a budget motel. It had a microwave, small fridge and coffee maker, TV, small table with 2 chairs, 2 queen beds, and a built-in bench to hold bags. The motel has a pool and each room has a private attached patio, but it was cool when we were there and we did not use either. One bright spot was the restaurant next door, Laura and Tony's, which makes a great breakfast. Overall, I can't give this motel a 4 because it needs TLC and some updating, but it still may be a good option for budget travelers and maybe families with kids.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
bluedolphininn, Owner at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We've stayed at this hotel many times over the years because it's in a good location on the cape, friendly staff, management, and great price for the cape. Like most hotels it's easy to find something to complain about, but I can live with most things. But I have decided I am no longer going to expose myself to one of my worst fears just to save money, so this will be my last stay. Maybe cause I'm getting older, too? On this particular stay I was woken up by my husband killing a cricket that was on the side of the bed, on the blanket. At that point I had a hard time sleeping thinking about what else could be lurking. An hour later, I was woken up by loud chirping, which I initially thought was outside but later discovered it was another cricket inside. Anyway...3 spider kills later (one huge one on the shower curtain ), mosquitos and flies and I was ready to go home. Yes, there are also lots of cobwebs complete with dead carcasses. It's always been like this every time we've come here. I just can't take it anymore. I will say we have never come across bed bugs and we do check thoroughly. Also, for the most part there's little management can do about this. The Inn is in very shaded woods. Bugs love the woods. The room doors open to the outdoors which means bugs can easily come in when you open the door, and when housekeeping works on your room ( they leave the door open the whole time when they clean, which is very normal...but bugs will get in ). I've never had a room where the sliding glass door had a tight, sealed screen so I've never opened the back door. The front doors usually have a good size gap at the bottom where bugs can also get it. So, if you are like me and terrified of bugs but must stay here, maybe consider bringing bug spray, a dirt devil, put a towel under the front door, and if you have one hang the do not disturb sign on the door so no one leaves the door open when you're gone. Also, bring a flashlight in case you have to deal with a critter in the middle of the night. As for me I'm just too old to handle this anymore. But thanks management for the great stays over the years otherwise!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The Blue Dolphin is in a great location convenient to many restaurants, beaches, and directly on the main road. The rooms were a good size and the beds and floor furnishings were clean and comfortable.
Some of the other amenities looked to be just put in haphazardly, a plywood luggage bench covered in carpet pieces with a microwave just put on top of it, the fridge was on the complete other side of the room, bathroom fittings that just didn't fit. Some rooms had chairs out in front and on the back patio others didn't, and there were some cobwebs in the corners and lights.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
bluedolphininn, Owner at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Greetings from the Blue Dolphin Inn!

We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Blue Dolphin Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastham
3.2 km away
0.6 km away
Wellfleet Motel
Wellfleet Motel
#2 of 4 in Wellfleet

Been to Blue Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!