“Original Inn with a modern feel”
Review of Deerfield Inn

Deerfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deerfield
Reviewed 11 November 2016

We planned to stay for Veteran's Day and from the very first phone call to check in we are impressed! Helen Dufresne greeted us with a smile and made us feel very welcome. She made check in stress free and represented Deerfield Inn as a true professional. We arrived just shy of 9 pm. Luckily the Champney's restaurant was still open. Nanci Trott made it seem OK to order so close to closing and made some great menu recommendations. She provided Five Star customer service. The pizza was off the charts. The thin crust and toppings made this one of our favorite pizza's this year. The room we stayed in had double queen beds and was spacious. We stayed for the Veteran's Day special. Thanks Deerfield Inn for your support of veteran's and it's families. We are indeed grateful for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor. It is close to the business center.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan T
stevepard0e, General Manager at Deerfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

The Veterans Day was a success, we had many rooms booked from this special event. I did speak with some of the guests that stayed with us last night.
I am not sure if I met you personally, but it was a pleasure and an honor to accommodate you. Thank you for your service to this great country.
Look out for a similar special next year.
Sincerely
Steve Pardoe,
Interim Innkeeper

There are newer reviews for Deerfield Inn

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Lovely room, comfortable beds, very quiet even though the Inn was full to capacity. Meals were quite good. Bathroom is dated, but shower head and towels were very luxurious. A bit pricey for my taste, but overall I would recommend the Inn to anyone who appreciates historic getaways.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay at the Inn.
Thank you for recommending the Inn to the Historic getaways

Reviewed 9 November 2016

I stayed with my wife and visited with friends while in Massachusetts. The Inn was fantastic. It was very quaint and we loved waking up in the beautiful room and enjoying the surrounding Deerfield area. This is a must see destination during the heart of the Fall leaves changing color.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Inn. The area is at its best this time of year. Hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Ok, the facility is nice old fashioned place with plenty of charm. What I find unenjoayble is Champney's, and I've eaten there several times. We try to avoid if we have to stay in the Deerfield area. We did so during the recent Cider Days event in Franklin County beacause of the lack of vacancies in other hotels.
I mean what bar doesn't have blackberry brandy and what bartender gives a nasty response to a customer about not having it? You'll find it at Champney's.
Breakfast with room? Not worth it! Bacon and eggs...Yah, cold poached eggs with the yolk hard as rock, no toast but with a piece of some type of non-toasted herb bread, no bacon, and awful processed "home" fries. Mention it to the server? "We'll take care of you." Twenty minutes later leave disgustedly.
I know it may seem unusual to write about this based on a poor breakfast but that's just the way it is.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grumpy_east_sandwich

I am terribly sorry to hear that your experience at Champney's Tavern was not enjoyable.
We pride ourselves on having a well stocked bar and we carry a wide range frequently ordered liquors. Unfortunately not Blackberry brandy for which I apologize.
I also would like to apologize for the bartenders response to you asking for it. Its unacceptable and I will be asking questions.
I hope that you would give Champney's another chance.
Steve Pardoe

Reviewed 6 November 2016

my son and I spent one night here while visiting a local school. Clean, pleasant, welcoming. The beds were very comfortable, service was nice. Restaurant food was good. My son loved the French toast!!

Stayed: November 2016

So glad you enjoyed your stay at the Inn. Hope to see you again in the near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
4.6 km away
18.5 km away
Hotel UMass
Hotel UMass
#1 of 3 in Amherst

Been to Deerfield Inn? Share your experiences!