“Try the calzones!”

Four 66 Newbury St Pub
Ranked #16 of 115 Restaurants in Danvers
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 29 January 2011

My wife and I love this place. It's probably our first choice as a place to hang with friends. It's comfortable, informal, and affordable, and I enjoy their calzones just as much if not than I would a pricey entree down by the mall or over on Cabot Street. Plus there's enough left over to make lunch for the next day.

Is it the Ritz? Of course not. Good food, good atmosphere, good prices, friendly staff — a winner in our book.

Reviewed 15 December 2009

I visit this restaurant frequently with my friends and or family. I love the atmosphere in the bar and the food is great too! The Greek salad is one of our favorites, steak tips are fantastic...desserts YUMMIE! The bartenders know all our names and greet us with smiles everytime! We always have great food and a great time at the 466!

Reviewed 24 July 2008

My family stopped in 466 for the first time yesterday. We ate in the pub. Our waitress was great (very efficient, polite, and informative). Our salads were crisp but unimaginative. Our entrees were served in a timely manner and mine was excellent (steak tips) but there was an issue with the freshness of my wife's meal. When we pointed it out to the waitress she responded very professionally and took the meal away. Shortly thereafter, a man (as yet unidentified) arrived at our table to tell us that the entree was very fresh and there were no issues with it. After pointing out that between us (my wife and I) we had over 30 years experience in the seafood and hospitality industry, he effectively called us liars and walked away in a huff. It has always been my experience that the managers role in these circumstances was to build "goodwill" with the customer who had a problem, not alienate them. Would I go back...maybe!

Reviewed 7 December 2007

I went here for the first time last week after hearing rave reviews. It was packed and had a short wait so we headed to the bar. We sat and waited, and waited and waited for the female bartender(with the long braid) to come over. When she did, she asked us, with a disgusted look on her face "whadda want". I almost fell off my seat. She had the worst attitude. My drink was made awful and she almost ruined my night...until I was seated by a lovely hostess and greeted by our super friendly waitress. The food was excellent and I will be back. The bartender needs to find a new profession if she plans on keeping her attitude. Or maybe she needs a refresher course on customer service.

Reviewed 5 October 2007

I met a couple of friends here for lunch in March, 2007. They both ordered salads and said they were very good. The salads were a good size, and did look good. I got the steak tips, and they were yummy. I also heard that the turkey tips are very good here. Service is a slow, so go only if you are not in a hurry. It is a good place to meet friends and do a little catching up. I'll definitely go back.

Been to Four 66 Newbury St Pub? Share your experiences!