“fantastic real italian food. my GO FOR is the "baked eggplant appetizer. delicious !!!”

Four 66 Newbury St Pub
Ranked #16 of 116 Restaurants in Danvers
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 31 July 2017

i stopped in while shopping for a Honda athe dealership nearby and was surprised to find htis out fo the way location superb. tasty real italain food. i had the thick sliced eggplant appetizer. where i live full of italian restaurants and pizza joints the eggplant
is usually fried first and then put into subs or a dish with heaps of spaghetti unerneatm here at Four66 it is the real mccoy. they bread and bake it and then top i with the most delcious original marianra sauce. i go in when ever i'm in the area
hats off to you Four66 ..the road that leads tot he topsfieled fairgounds. coing south start tat the agway diner at rte 133 and route 1 or comingnorth get off atthe division of rte 95 from rte 1 and see it to the left after the gulf station it's worth the trip always full of diners whoknow their foods. e.e.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Had lunch recently with family. Great delicious very fresh (and big) Greek Salad. Sister had the famous steak tips and Mom had haddock. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Service was professional, friendly and unobtrusive. We were there at an off hour, so it wasn't crowded, but if you go at 5 on a weekend night beware it will be packed. Always a nice time at Four 66.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Visited on the last night of a business trip. Ordered Caesar Salad and Penne & Meatballs. Salad was huge. Could have used a bit more dressing however. The pasta was typical but good. My associate ordered pizza which he enjoyed. I sampled it and found it just ok. Although I'm used to NYC and New Haven style pizzas so I'm a bit spoiled. Service was good. And prices reasonable.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Dine in for lunch with colleagues. Ordered fried calamari and onion rings...large servings. Tried also the day soup and it is good. Good place and crowd.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I've submitted reviews before, but almost exclusively about places I've traveled to. This time, I'm offering a review of a place much closer to home.

First, the pluses. The service is very friendly and prompt. Mostly a young wait staff, but eager and efficient. We ordered draft beers. The beer was fresh, good and served in a clean glass.

The Four66 Pub and Restaurant is really two different places. The pub is separated from the dining area and it was full of locals on a Friday night. Not your surly, get out of here stranger locals. Friendly, full of talk and laughter. Seemed like anyone would fit in. So, drop in if you want a pint.

The restaurant side is a disappointment. Decor is strictly metal chairs with padding and formica topped tables. Not McDonalds, but Wendy's style.The food was below average. My wife's burger looked like the meat had been previously frozen. It was also the first time she was disappointed in sweet potato fries. How do you mess that up? I got a pepperone pizza. Crust was very tough. I've bought frozen pizzas that were better.

So, okay for the pub side, but a below average for the food and for the restaurant side.

If you are from out-of-town, I'd say, don't bother. You won't have a memorable experience and that what we're looking for when traveling, right?

1  Thank John B

Been to Four 66 Newbury St Pub? Share your experiences!