“Nice local place.”

Four 66 Newbury St Pub
Ranked #16 of 116 Restaurants in Danvers
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Visited on the last night of a business trip. Ordered Caesar Salad and Penne & Meatballs. Salad was huge. Could have used a bit more dressing however. The pasta was typical but good. My associate ordered pizza which he enjoyed. I sampled it and found it just ok. Although I'm used to NYC and New Haven style pizzas so I'm a bit spoiled. Service was good. And prices reasonable.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Dine in for lunch with colleagues. Ordered fried calamari and onion rings...large servings. Tried also the day soup and it is good. Good place and crowd.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I've submitted reviews before, but almost exclusively about places I've traveled to. This time, I'm offering a review of a place much closer to home.

First, the pluses. The service is very friendly and prompt. Mostly a young wait staff, but eager and efficient. We ordered draft beers. The beer was fresh, good and served in a clean glass.

The Four66 Pub and Restaurant is really two different places. The pub is separated from the dining area and it was full of locals on a Friday night. Not your surly, get out of here stranger locals. Friendly, full of talk and laughter. Seemed like anyone would fit in. So, drop in if you want a pint.

The restaurant side is a disappointment. Decor is strictly metal chairs with padding and formica topped tables. Not McDonalds, but Wendy's style.The food was below average. My wife's burger looked like the meat had been previously frozen. It was also the first time she was disappointed in sweet potato fries. How do you mess that up? I got a pepperone pizza. Crust was very tough. I've bought frozen pizzas that were better.

So, okay for the pub side, but a below average for the food and for the restaurant side.

If you are from out-of-town, I'd say, don't bother. You won't have a memorable experience and that what we're looking for when traveling, right?

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Visited this past week and things have changed there. Not the usual great food. Disappointed. We were a party of 5 and no one was really happy in our group. It appeared to have new employees. Was this place sold?
Food was basically undercooked. Pizza was mushy and undercooked, club sandwich was barely toasted, (bread was still soft)and I had to look to see if they included the bacon. The steak tips were tough. I sent back my margarita because it was all margarita mix, very very tart, could not drink it. I guess this was the wrong place to get that anyway. Had to ask for bread for a party of 5, really? What happened to this great restaurant? I very rarely send anything back, probably twice in 10 years.
We won't be back for a long time...

1  Thank sq89
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Sat in bar and was impressed by how busy this place on a Saturday afternoon . A testament to good food and service. Ate the Greek chicken kabob which was great. Nice chicken and plenty of feta with good fries that weren't salty! The stew special looked terrific and another customer said it was very good. Nice clean bar area wight plenty of tv's for sports watching . Good selection of beers on tap. I will definitely good back again.

Been to Four 66 Newbury St Pub? Share your experiences!