“Not the Same”

Four 66 Newbury St Pub
Ranked #16 of 116 Restaurants in Danvers
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Visited this past week and things have changed there. Not the usual great food. Disappointed. We were a party of 5 and no one was really happy in our group. It appeared to have new employees. Was this place sold?
Food was basically undercooked. Pizza was mushy and undercooked, club sandwich was barely toasted, (bread was still soft)and I had to look to see if they included the bacon. The steak tips were tough. I sent back my margarita because it was all margarita mix, very very tart, could not drink it. I guess this was the wrong place to get that anyway. Had to ask for bread for a party of 5, really? What happened to this great restaurant? I very rarely send anything back, probably twice in 10 years.
We won't be back for a long time...

1  Thank sq89

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Sat in bar and was impressed by how busy this place on a Saturday afternoon . A testament to good food and service. Ate the Greek chicken kabob which was great. Nice chicken and plenty of feta with good fries that weren't salty! The stew special looked terrific and another customer said it was very good. Nice clean bar area wight plenty of tv's for sports watching . Good selection of beers on tap. I will definitely good back again.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I went here based on the reviews and left a little disappointed. First of all it was freezing in there. Another patron complained and the woman who I think was the owner kept asking , "Really?" like the poor customer was crazy (yes, it was cold in there!). The service was good. The food was good Italian food, but I've had better. It's not what I would call amazing or decadent, which others have used to describe this. It's good and the food is priced fair. The parking lot is tiny and the bar is packed, so I would advise going early if you want to eat here. I definitely would avoid this restaurant if it's jam packed. It's not worth waiting an hour or getting your car dinged up for some Italian food you can get lots of other places.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

If you can't find a parking spot - don't give up. WAIT - it is totally worth it. The lemon chicken is decadent and tastes amazing over pasta. Others in party had beef tips and all loved them. The service is friendly and the bathrooms are super clean.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Our first time to this restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The service was efficient and cordial. We ordered a hamburger and italian sausage sandwich which both came with fries. The hamburger meat was fresh and tasty. The Italian sausage tasted freshly made and not store bought. Overall, the size of the sausage was enormous, the size of two hot dogs. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

Been to Four 66 Newbury St Pub? Share your experiences!