“$45 Brunch - Never again”
Review of Atlantica

Atlantica
Ranked #22 of 42 Restaurants in Cohasset
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I always thought of Atlantica as a place for celebrations and special occasions, but not anymore! I have patronized this location through its Hugo's, Chart House and Atlantica days, but whether it's new owner or management, this place is on a downward spiral! I called on Sunday at 1:30 to make reservations for Father's Day the following weekend. No one was there to take my call Left a message requesting a return call, heard from no one! The abbreviated schedule has the restaurant not opening until 5:00 on Thursday, called and finally got someone and made the reservation. When we arrived , I immediately noticed the running water in the entrance, which added to the ambiance, was dry, next was the dried up weeds that graced the hostess station! We should have left then! We had a window table, but the upholstered seats were stained and in need of attention. The busboy who filled our water glasses was dressed in shabby jeans and a t-shirt, more fitting for a burger joint than an upscale restaurant! Our sever could best be described as indifferent. She was not welcoming or very attentive. This being a buffet brunch, her responsibilities were minimal. That being said, the food was okay, but unimaginative. The selection was somewhat varied, but the fruit was on its way out and the quiche was mushy. We ordered mimosas and was very disappointed when a small champagne flute was presented for $9.50 per glass. Of course there was no pricing for the brunch on the website, but I never expected $45 pp!! Father's day or not, this is gouging and secretive. My fault for not asking, but this will be our last time there! Save your money!!

1  Thank Margie S
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Looking for a place on the South Shore for a good Sunday all you can eat Brunch BUFFET. The all you can eat Brunch buffet has become almost non existent. Atlantica still offers the Sunday Brunch Buffet with excellent brunch buffet selections including a raw bar with cooked large shrimps, oysters and clams in half shell, boiled crawfish, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, French toast, home fried potatoes, eggs benedict, pasta, baked fish, roasted vegetables, cheese platter and variety of pastries for dessert. Carving station with Succulent roast beef cooked to perfection. Mimosas and Bloody Mary to compliment the brunch. The Atlantica sits on Cohasset Harbor with beautiful Harbor views anywhere you sit in the restaurant. Excellent food. Excellent views and excellent service. Definitely coming back to Atlantica again soon.