“Excellent fishing trip on an immaculate boat out of Menemsha harbor”

Menemsha Blues Charters
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had a very enjoyable fishing expedition with three family members who had never really fished before. The boat is the cleanest and most organized that I (who has often chartered) has ever seen. Capt. Jonathan is a straightforward and responsive skipper. He is not much on small talk but we were catching striped bass within 5 minutes of putting our line in the water. After our limit was reached, I asked him about catching a Bluefish so I could introduce my landlubbing family to their unique taste. We soon headed to a new locale off the coast of Aquinnah and caught our blue as well as a very tasty black sea bass. When we were back at the dock he expertly filleted the catch and bagged it for us so we could take back to the house for dinner.

The reservations for the charter were effortless and good communication was appreciated. All in all a very pleasant time on the water where everyone had a positive experience. Recommend MB charter without hestiation.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We took 6 people out with Captain Boyd. I'm not a big fan of charter fishing in this area; it always seems to revolve around strippers and blues. My wife and son had never been so I decided to spend the $650.00 dollars.

Captain Boyd on the Mary Sea guarantees catching fish and he delivered. We caught 15+ fish over our 4 hour morning excursion. All of the strippers were under the legal limit but we kept 3 of the blues for dinner.

The boat is very clean, the views are picturesque, the captain is professional. Honestly, I can find a better was to spend $780.00 (with tip) but if you are going to charter fish in the area this is the way to go.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Took family for a half day charter last week of June 2016. Capt. Jonathan Boyd was a wonderful host. You can tell he truly enjoys his work and very proud of his boat. The boat was spotless, spacious and plenty of room for the 6 of us. All fishing equipment was provided, don't forget to bring sunglasses, hats, and sunscreen. In addition to wonderful views of Gay Head and the shore of Aquinnah, we caught about 25 stripped bass and Bluefish, which kept the action steady.