See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

After reading some reviews I was concerned but literally needed a quick place to rest my head. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly and my room was spotless. There are no frills here, but grills aren't advertised either. The bed and pillows were surprisingly comfortable.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I'm not one to normally complain but the fact I am now violently ill had swayed my hand.

The place was sketchy on check in... I'm too Canadian to cause a fuss but I noticed cigarett burns and smoke stains right away.

Upon waking in the morning my chest was right and I was struggling with allergies... I'm allergic to dust, mold and smoke.

I was there for work so I spent very little time in the room itself but every day it got worse.
In the 5 days I was there housekeeping only cleaned once.
In day 3 they showed up. Dropped off soap but didn't make the beds or tudt anything at all. After that there was no sign of them.

Every night the neighbors would have some kind of a screaming match so that was fun
... Not.

And on the last night of my stay I opped the vent off of the heating/ac unit to find it growing a whole colony of mold.

I am now being treated for a massive chest infection.

$200 worth of medicine and time off work all because I tried to save a buck and book somewhere economical.

I wouldn't recommend this place even to an enemy.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Katatonic2014
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The Motel 6 chain is what it is - no-frills! That said, many of the New England locations where I have stayed are clean and I find the chain here to be pretty reliable.

Let's start with the downsides. The Chicopee Motel 6 is located across a highway from what appears to be a landfill? No weird smells or anything but if you are looking for placid views, would look elsewhere.

Getting into the motel's parking lot from the highway can be a bit confusing and there needs to be better signage. If you turn into the McDonald's lot, there is a way to cut through to the motel.

Check-in here was a breeze and the staff are quite nice. Got a room on the second floor that was very clean. TV and A/C worked well. All Motel 6 locations appear to charge for WiFi so I relied on my cellular hotspot. There is an ice machine in the corridor. Quiet stay.

The people I ran into during my stay appeared to be a mix. Plenty of cyclists and families. I passed some rowdie types too but didn't have any trouble during my stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lemongrrl
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We take our dog on trips and usually rooms we stay in are not very nice. This one had nice hardwood floors, was very clean, mattress was the new not all stained and was comfortable, and, sheets and clean and the staff was polite.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Why am I giving this hotel 1 star?? There is simply no option to give a lower score.

Major issues:
The rooms are outdated, poorly appointed, and in desperate need of updating. These units must have been last updated in the 70s. How else can you explain the orange walls and matching comforter? There was a table in the middle of the room where I tried to work; however, the table was so off balance that typing on my computer was impossible as the table rocked back and forth. The outside of the hotel is in a similar state of disrepair.

This place is not safe. As others have pointed out the neighborhood is sketchy to the least; however, it’s more than that. I had to walk down to the office at 1 am to purchase Wi-Fi (see below) when a disagreement between a group trying to check-in and the night manager ensued. I have no idea what the inciting event was but it quickly escalated and really the manager totally mishandled the situation escalating tensions instead of diffusing the situation. Threats flew, the people were thrown out of the office and honestly I did not feel safe. The next night there was another incident at the hotel involving what was described as “college students.”

Minor issues
Smaller issues include the bath towels that are so threadbare bath that it was impossible to get dry. There is no fabric left. You would need 2 -3 towels. Also this has to be the only hotel I’ve stayed at that didn't provide shampoo.

The Wi-Fi fees. First of all, you have to go down to the office to purchase Wi-Fi access and you have to do this every 24 hours. That's why I was in the office at 1am. You cannot do this online or on the phone. So you can purchase the “regular” or “premium” access – but even after purchasing the “premium access” the Wi-Fi could not support FaceTime or movie streaming.

To be fair there are positives – the rooms are clean and they are inexpensive. But its just not worth it.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Springfield - Chicopee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Louisiana_DVM, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the various issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.