DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Chelsea
Reviewed 25 August 2010

For $215 a night I sure did expect more. The phone didn't work, and the cordless handset was making this clicking noise every 2 seconds, like it might need batteries. It was as bad as water torture, like loud dripping. I called it in about 30 minutes ago and no one has showed up to fix it. The toilet seat was one of those cheap plastic ones. The floor tiles in the bathroom looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages. The restaurant wasn't open, so I had to sit in the bar to have dinner. I asked the bartender 3 times for water (he was quick on getting me an alcoholic drink and food though).
There was a lot of noise around my room, some from the hallway, some from adjacent rooms.
I asked the front desk staff for a comb and the (British?) lady who handed one to me was about as stand-offish and snooty as they come. I certainly didn't feel welcome here.
I would expect much better quality of rooms and service here and I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank wildcat567

Reviewed 13 August 2010

In July I traveled with my family for a 11 day trip to the midwest. We flew out of Boston because the fare was more affordable and traveled by car for 7 hours to reach Boston. We did a park sleep and fly with the Wyndham Boston Chelsea. After a terrible day of mechanical failures with the airline we finally arrived at the hotel to retrieve our vehicle around 1:00 am. To discover that our drivers side window had been completely smashed out of our car and it was ransacked. When my husband spoke with the hotel manager, the managers response was "I'm very sorry there is nothing we can do for you, this sort of thing happens here all of the time." If this sort of thing happens around there all of the time I would think that someone should be concerned about it. So the hotel manager sent us away at 1:30 A.M. with two children under the age of 7 and a broken window for our 7 hour trip home. The least the hotel could have done in my opinion was put us up so we could have dealt with the car in the morning. I will NEVER stay at another Wyndham hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank butterflynymph
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Problem of this hotel is the shuttle to the airport and to the subway station: sometimes you have to wait hrs because the shuttle is full or is late. The room are great and the hotel is clean, so if you want toi visit Boston using pubblic service like the subway without take the car, the hotel is not a great choice. Poor shuttle service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank GiulioSerena
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I stayed here one night. The airport pickup was relatively prompt, however the driver was not courteous, and the drive to the hotel had me concerned regarding the neighborhood - alot of abandoned buildings and bars. I asked for a room that was quiet and away from the elevator, vending and noise. When I went to my room, I was the first room off the elevator with the vending/ice right outside my door! The actual rooms were relatively clean, but the carpets are very dirty. The exercise room is but a closet, smelled very bad, and 2 of 3 pieces of equipment did not work.
I would never stay here again!
I did eat in the restaurant, the food was ok - but the staff some of the worst I have experienced.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed one night before leaving from Logan airport at the end of a vacation. The van from subway "airport" station and the van to the airport for our flight in the morning were exceptionally efficient. Called *once* for pick up and he arrived within minutes. Morning van runs left every 15 minutes. The driver taking us to the airport during morning rush hour knew how to avoid the worst of the traffic -- very competent and friendly. Desk personnel were friendly and accommodating. We arrived before time for check in -- they stored our bags and we went to walk the Freedom Trail. The desk clerk volunteered information about how to use the subway and to connect with the van on our return. The room was comfortable and clean -- microwave & refrigerator are much appreciated. 2 free computers in the lobby with fast internet service for checking email were WONDERFUL! Didn't use restaurant or room service. Fast food places are nearby.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MNfemrail
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Logan Airport Chelsea? Share your experiences!