2,023 results
All reviews chatham bars sacred cod spa suite cottage room the cottages the main dining room the main hotel off season beach house grill cape cod clambake lobster beautiful resort car service steam shower ocean view get away
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Last year my adult daughter and I went on a spa vacation to Chatham Bars Inn and I couldn’t wait to go back!

This year my husband and I celebrated #34 at the Inn, staying 2 nights in one of their stunning cottage suites. We had such a wonderful time, and were so impressed with our accommodation that we wanted to extend our stay, but the suite was already booked. Our suite was just beautiful. It consisted of a lovely living room with fireplace, exquisite king bedroom, and beautiful bathroom. The furnishings were clean and updated and the linens and towels were high quality. The outside seating area included an apple and pear tree, stone wall surrounded by purple flowers, beautifully manicured landscaping and breathtaking view of the ocean. We thoroughly enjoyed having our morning coffee and evening cocktails on the very comfortable chairs just outside our front door.

We booked a 60 minute couples deep tissue massage at the spa, and were extremely pleased with the entire experience. The women who gave us our massages were very professional and knowledgeable. They really provided us with an unforgettable, stress reducing experience. The spa was extremely clean with steam rooms and sauna, and included a beautiful outdoor pool, jacuzzi, and Zen garden. Every employee was attentive and friendly and seemed to be genuinely concerned with the satisfaction of the guests.

Thank you Elizabeth, for making this visit even better than last year. I didn’t think it was possible, but you nailed it, and we are coming back next year!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
MatthewD3622, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

We very much appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share such a thoughtful review of your time spent with us at Chatham Bars Inn. It has been our pleasure to welcome you and your family to stay with us, and are delighted to read that you continue to be pleased with the experiences you have had. We look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Stayed here for a birthday weekend and it could not have been better. The lobby and main building gives you the feeling of old Cape Cod, but in a luxurious fashion. Check in was easy and there was parking right in front of our room which was great. The room (Spa Suite) was very spacious and had everything you'd need, including a Sauna. The Hotel knew it was my birthday and left a special gift in my room when I arrived. Very thoughtful. There were many dining options, including the Sacred Cod Bar which is a great place to grab a quick bite or drink before heading out into the town. I plan on trying one of the two highly rated other restaurants next time. Location was optimal being less than quarter of a mile from downtown Chatham. It was my first time staying here and lived up to all the expectations. Will definitely be staying with CBI my next visit to the Cape.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MatthewD3622, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback, and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words. We're happy to know we were able to make your birthday weekend extra special! We look forward to your next stay with us. --Matthew Douzuk | Director of Rooms | Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa p. (800) 527-4884| e. mdouzuk@chathambarsinn.com

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

After two previous positive experiences at the Chatham Bars Inn Spa we were very disappointed this year . My wife made an appointment for a couples massage several weeks ago . When checking in today we were told they did not have our reservation in their system . They were not able to accommodate us until after 8 pm this evening which did not work for us and there was no real attempt to have us walk away satisfied and wanting to come back . Be very careful when making appointments here as they clearly have issues with either their systems or their employees. Will be looking elsewhere for spa treatments next time we are in town.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
MatthewD3622, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

We are very sorry to be reading this feedback, and for any frustrations that resulted from the scheduling conflict that occurred. We never want any valued guest to feel so mistreated, and we sincerely apologize for being unable to accommodate you at the requested time. If there is anything we can do to make this right, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel 9 on our New England tour.
We arrived just as a large corporate party were checking in and had a long wait to be allocated our room. The reception area was not particularly welcoming, a bit like the staff really. We were given a key & told where to drive to our cottage and that was the full extent of our interaction with staff.
1. Our Seaview suite was amazing, we had a fabulous lounge area & separate huge bedroom with large TV & modern fireplace in each room. It’s was really cozy to return to each evening.
Being in this area away from the hotel it felt like we had hired a self catering home. So therefore we decided just to drive off to explore the town of Chatham & found The Chatham Squire a fab Bar for food & drink.
2nd night we decided we should at least go over to the main hotel for a drink and maybe eat in the restaurant. The restaurant was booked so we were told to try The bar/restaurant, where we were seated & given two glasses of water.
25 mins later we still had just two glasses of water..... so we headed back to The Chatham squire for another great evening.
This time utilising the courtesy cars to get there and back and enjoy a few glasses of vino!
Last day of our holiday the sun shone on Cape Cod and we had a fabulous day by the pool & a ridiculously expensive lunch at The Beachhouse.
I’m trying to think if I would recommend this resort.......
I had a great time, but if I returned to Chatham I would look for somewhere smaller, friendlier and better value for money.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to share this honest and thoughtful feedback of your experience. We take your feedback seriously, and will use your comments to improve. It’s nice to read that you had a positive experience overall, but are sorry to hear we have failed you and that you will not be returning in the future. If there is anything we can do to earn another visit the next time you are in the area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Stunning views. Very high end resort. Valets were very helpful and full of information about the resort. Ask about the "Lexus Promo". (they host three Lexus cars for you to take and drive for the day) NICE touch! Restaurant could of been better for the price. Food was "good" not "great!". Didnt eat at "Stars" because they were not open at night due to the season. (just weekend I believe)

Stayed: October 2018
MatthewD3622, Manager at Chatham Bars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for the kind words and for leaving us your feedback! We are happy to read that you loved the views and our Lexus experience. We are sorry to read you were not completely satisfied with your meal, and we would like to know how we could make your next visit better. Please reach out to let us know what improvements we can make.