“We're looking forward to staying at the Hawthorne again!”
Review of Hawthorne Motel

Hawthorne Motel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed 21 February 2012

When we stayed at the Hawthorne last September we were disappointed. I wrote a review on Tripadvisor about our experience The owner saw the review and emailed me that we could stay there free of charge on our next visit.
We booked a room overlooking the lawn and the ocean next July! We're excited about going already!
I gave it an excellent review because that's what I'm expecting it to be.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the lower level. That's where we had a problem with mold and mildew last yea...
Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PapaBarry
There are newer reviews for Hawthorne Motel

Reviewed 20 January 2012

It Was my first trip to the Cape and I am glad I chose The Hawthorne,It is a wonderfl spot with great rooms and great views and a very efficient and friendly staff and owners!!!
I will certainy go back!!
Heike
Waterloo,Ont.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Our review is a bit belated as we stayed at the Hawthorne for a few days in mid August last summer. All I can say is it was perfect! A great value at a great price. My wife, two young daughters and I were looking for a place to stay on the Cape after a few days on Nantucket to round out a great week. Friends of ours told us about the Hawthorne in Chatham which they have been going to for years.

It is the perfect location right on the beach overlooking Chatham Harbor. It is located right on the elbow of the Cape so if you like to explore, it is the perfect base to do it from. Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was especially comfortable. A couple of roll away beds were provided for our daughters which we folded up in the morning.

The girls enjoyed the hammock and lawn games which are provided. If you want to spend the evening on the lawn by the beach and cook your own meal, there is a new gas grill and picnic tables. The owner Gill is friendly and accommodating. Our favorite activities at the Hawthorne were the night of classic rock music at night by the bonfire on the beach and sipping cocktails at sunset overlooking Chatham Harbor from the lawn on the hill by the Motel.

Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: For couples, request the rooms on the upper lawn overlooking the harbor. For families, ask for the...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Uni4U
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Since 2005 I have stayed at a number of the better hotels in Chatham, and I find the Hawthorne the most relaxing, beautiful site in town.

The view at sunrise, sunset and everything in between is entrancing. You cannot find a better view of Chatham Harbor. The beach is clean and kept up every day. It is hard to beat the sight of the fishing boats moored up close to the shore in the evening.

Hospitality is what the owners and staff are all about at the Hawthorne. There is always a bright, cheery face at the reception desk. Their knowledge of the area is unmatched. And Gil and Ellie like to sit and chat with you about your trip or the world in general.

I can't say enough about this place and it's people. I hope to be coming back for a long time.

Erik H. Luce
27 Northrop Street
Hopedale, MA 01747

Room Tip: All the waterview rooms are special.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erik L
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We have been going to The Hawthorne for about 15 years to celebrate our anniversary each year. The accommodations and service have been consistently excellent over this time.
We love the rooms with kitchenettes, the private beach, beautiful rolling lawn and priceless views. Gil, Ellie and the staff are friendly, helpful and go the extra distance to make our stays truly memorable. We're anxiously awaiting our visit this year.
Carol and Gregg

Room Tip: Efficiencies are great.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
4.5 km away
7.0 km away
Chatham Tides
Chatham Tides
#1 of 1 in South Chatham

Been to Hawthorne Motel? Share your experiences!