“Cozy bistro with delightful options”

Del Mar Bar & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Del Mar Bar & Bistro is a popular Chatham nightspot for eating, drinking and socializing, featuring creative bistro entrees, wood fired thin crust pizzas, specialty drinks, an extensive wine list and a great selection of draft beer. Warm, contemporary atmosphere with a large bar. Dinner only. Live Jazz Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in summer.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Great and consistant menu and craft cocktails. Grab a seat at the bar and enjoy a cozy dinner. Good app menu

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I have been frequenting the Del Mar for years with family and friends. My mother took me here to celebrate my 30th birthday and we were accompanied by two friends and had a wonderful time. I love how relaxing the atmosphere is, even when patrons are packed in like sardines. John, the owner, is awesome. The bartenders and waitresses are terrific. I can't recommend just one menu item because everything is delicious. I love how the waitress last night (I don't remember her name), put a candle on my dessert for my birthday. That was a very nice thing to do. I ordered the Mississippi Mud Pie and mom had the Turtle Cheesecake. It's a great place to go solo or with a group.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

My husband and I spent the evening having dinner at the bar, and it was one of the best meals we have ever had! The chef created a special menu that featured recipes from around the world. Most of the dishes also used an ingredient that was considered “good luck” by the people of that country. So creative and delicious, it was the perfect way to welcome the New Year. We started with fresh, local oysters, then had duck and pate-stuffed cabbage, jumbo shrimp, and a grilled romaine Caeser salad as appetizers. For entrees we had the surf and turf (filet mignon with Maine lobster tail, mashed potatoes and asparagus) and a scallop dish with puréed cauliflower, arugula and spring peas. We were too full to have dessert but they had eight or nine yummy choices like molten chocolate cake a la mode, classic cheese cake, chocolate torte and gelato. Just wonderful! Last but not least, Matt and Nancy, the bartenders, made the evening fun and relaxing. They are a great team and make everything flow seamlessly. We really love Del Mar! One of the best restaurants around!

2  Thank tammyh2018
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Went to Del Mar for New Year’s Eve Dinner. Great food and service. The Haddock, Cornish Game Hen and Mexican Mole were all fantastic. The desserts were just as good.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. Outstanding wine list. Recommend you make reservations.