USD 89
Long Dell Inn(Centerville)
The Fernbrook Inn(Centerville)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssconesscone warscape codbed and breakfastpatience roomwonderful hostsbaker roomb bsfresh fruitcraigville beachdavid kelley housescreened porchalexander suiteevery morningdietary needshome away from homenew england
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

A midweek visit in the offseason meant it was just me for 2 of the 3 nights I stayed at the Captain David Kelley House. I am not a typical B&B person, and usually tend to keep to myself when I stay in one. But the wonderful owners, Rick and Tom, have a sixth sense when it comes to knowing what their guests want and need. It turned out to be one of the most delightful stays away from home that I can remember. The accommodations are elegant and cosy, the breakfasts were tailored to my tastes and delicious. But the best part was the warm welcome and hospitality of the hosts. It was such a treat to experience. They love what they do and it shows, in a very genuine way.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I so enjoyed my stay at the Captain David Kelly House. The bed was luxurious, the Inn keepers, Rick & Tom were charming, and breakfast was fabulous with entertainment. I'll visit again and recommend to family & friends.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We first stayed at the Captain David Kelley House in 2013, and ever since it has been our #1 choice for a place to stay whenever we are in the area. Rick and Tom are incredibly gracious, kind, meticulous and professional. Everything we have experienced there has been of the highest possible quality and attentively crafted. My wife has dietary restrictions, and Rick and Tom not only accommodate them without fail, but they have created delicious and wondrous culinary alternatives that never feel like a compromise or inferior version. Their Scone Wars and the lively presentation of their scrumptious breakfasts (all of the highest quality and flavor) are incredibly good fun (even for more reserved guests like ourselves!). Rick and Tom are very considerate of all their guests’ individual needs. My wife and I don’t always prefer a bed and breakfast when we travel, but the Captain David Kelley House was the first B&B that we’ve both looked forward to returning to again and again. Tom and Rick strike a lovely balance between giving their guests enough independence/autonomy by providing enough DIY options (e.g. access to beverages and often delightful little treats like cookies or chocolates) while still managing to keep us from ever feeling neglected. Everything is always clean in the room and throughout the inn. We have never felt like the innkeepers were cutting corners or sacrificing our experience for cost or expediency. As guests we are pretty sensitive to the feel of a place, and we were so happy and relieved to find The Captain David Kelley House tasteful, festive and filled with joyful character all at once. Tom and Rick are ideal and genuine hosts who offer a truly comfortable and pleasant stay-- we couldn’t recommend them and their inn any more.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

I had seen the Chronicle TV segment on the Captain David Kelley House, and our stay there certainly met, and even exceeded our expectations. We were greeted with great warmth from Rick and Tom, which continued throughout our visit. The room was exquisitely decorated and very comfortable, as was the entire house. The "piece de resistance" - the breakfast with entertainment -- was both delicious and a lot of fun. The scones (and the scone war between them) were great, as were the main dishes. The "show" was at times, hysterically funny, complete with music and costumes. But the main thing we felt was the warmth and caring from the hosts. I highly recommend staying at this B&B -- a unique place, in a great location on Cape Cod.

Room Tip: Look on their website to select a room. Good photos and descriptions there.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2017

It was a wonderful experience to stay here. Rick and Tom are most welcoming and make the most delicious breakfast and with entertainment. What could be better than that. I enjoyed my stay so very much and can hardly wait to return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel