“Authentic Thai cuisine! ”
Review of Nisa's Thai

Nisa's Thai
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: Thai, Bar, Wine Bar
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

This is by far one of the most authentic Thai restaurants I have visited on the east coast. After spending nearly a month in Thailand several months ago, we were immediately at home again. Well written menu, clean dining room, and extremely friendly staff, made this dining experience tremendous.
My wife and I were promptly seated, and ordered drinks. For dinner we split the Thai spring rolls with a delicious chili sauce with just the right amount of heat.
As we looked through the menu for entrees, my wife ordered the Massaman curry, which was perfectly prepared and the veg in the dish were not over cooked and mushy (the potatoes were prefectly firm and held up in the curry). Massaman is on of the more traditional curries in southern Thailand with many Indian influence.
I on the other hand had requested something not on the menu...Khao Soi (famous dish of northern Thailand) which is a yellow curry with coconut milk, red onions and cilantro with crispy noodles on top...it was amazing. As soon as I ordered, Nisa came out to chat with us and wondered how we knew this dish. We explain to her that we found this and Chang Mai, and really wanted it again.
Perfectly prepared food, friendly staff, very clean dining room. Overall an awesome dining experience. We look forward to going back soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We ordered a selection of dishes here, including 2 for 2 vegetarians. A huge hit amongst everyone was the scallion pancakes. This dish was ordered was an appetizer for the aforementioned vegetarians but everyone like it so much that we ordered a second helping. The mains courses we ordered were an eclectic selection but all very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you like Thai food.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This is a small, but intimate restaurant serving good food. I was surprised they only had beer and wine options. I suppose it helps keep them focused on the food and simplifies the ordering process. Food was very good and big portions.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

The food was reasonable, but overpriced for what was offered. I had a lunch special there and must say that this would not the place I would return.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Nisa's Thai is a good local thai restaurant with friendly service (sometimes too friendly) and good food. It isn't the best thai food I have ever tasted but it is good and I am happy to have it in the neighborhood. The space is small but comfortable and the owner tries very hard to please. Good value and good selection.

Been to Nisa's Thai? Share your experiences!