“Great even location”
Review of Cafe Escadrille

Cafe Escadrille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Escadrille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 139 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: USD 29 - USD 31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ray Ave
Transit: Cafe Escadrille is located on several MBTA bus routes.
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We have held our organization's holiday luncheon at the Cafe Escadrille for the past couple of years and have been very satisfied. The food has been very good, the location very charming and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Never disappointed

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 15 October 2018

My wife and had dinner one Saturday evening with another couple. I remember Cafe Escadrille being around when I worked in Burlington during the late 80's, but never had the opportunity to eat there. After our meal, I'm kicking myself that I hadn't tried it earlier.

I can't really find anything to fault. From the wait staff to the outstanding cuisine, one of the best dinners I've had in some time. I had the shrimp scampi, my wife had broiled scallops, and the other couple had surf and turf and veal marsala, all of which were fantastic.

Also note that the restaurant has an incredible selection of wines. And I would say the restaurant was medium priced, which I think was a bargain given the quality of food. Already looking forward to going back again.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

As usual Victor took great care of us. He'd been away awhile visiting family back in Russia. Good to see his parents could see their Grand child. Now to the food: We started with Escargots & a Maki roll. The Escargots were a tad over cooked but still had good flavor. Dipping the bread in the juices is the best part. Due to it being a bit overcooked, there was not too much sauce left. Richard had the Maki roll. Café Escadrille really does some surprisingly good sushi. Worth a try. We both had the side salads. Richard's was trad. garden, mine was Caesar, which was very good. For my main, I had the 3Lb. stuffed Lobster. It was excellent as always. The cost, however, was pretty steep at $80. With Lobster prices falling, I'm surprised the price was still so high. Give us a break, guys! Richard had the Rack of Lamb, which was excellent. We had a side of creamed Spinach which is a staple there. It's one of the best I've had. For dessert, we split the "Ice cram Puff". Kind of like a Profiterole on steroids. Overall another great dinner. Probably our overall favorite rest.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I was so looking forward to taking my wife and father in law out for my wife’s 52nd birthday but what a disaster instead.

We arrived at our reservation time and were promptly seated in the upper section behind the bar. After being seated, it took 5 minutes for someone to come over and take our drink order. So far not to big deal. We got our drinks and he took our order and said he’d be right back with bread. Appetizers came, no bread. I asked the waiter and he left and came back. Again not huge issues. We tried to enjoy our dinner but we were surrounded by fruit fly’s. At this point I hear the waiter giving the table next to me the appetizer specials and I hear him say they have steamers. This was never giving to us, just that they had fried clams. I get my order and the waiter had put my side order in wrong and I told the waitress when she delivered it. Long story short, done with dinner and the side showed up. Now we receive desert. Everyone but my wife’s were excellent but her creme brûlée tasted like tapioca with the hard shell not existent.

We paid the bill and i stopped at the reservation counter to ask for a manager. The manager gave me her card and told me to email her. I did and she responded by saying she “ Appreciated the feedback”

Hopefully this post helps the restaurant fix their issues for such I high priced establishment but judging by the non response on these post, I doubt it.

Picture shows the fruit fly who was the only attentive one at the restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Mouth watering, perfectly cooked 8 oz. Filet Mignon was one of several entrees on their specially designed menu. Topping it off with the chocolate cake with fudge sauce topping and vanilla ice cream made for a sinful but totally enjoyable meal. The other choices will be equally pleasing.

Date of visit: August 2018