Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
USD 211*
USD 149*
USD 189*
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington(Burlington)(Great Value!)
USD 232*
USD 137*
USD 133*
Travelocity
USD 141*
All reviewsfree laundryextended stay hotelroom was cleanbusiness tripsuite hotelconvenient locationstayed nightsnew englandlahey clinicminute drivemicrowavemallbostonwegmansclerkratesgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stayed here with family using my priority points. We had 2 rooms and both the rooms were basic but functional.
The beds were bad but we were there for a night... so no big deal. In general the infrastructure( AC, bathroom..etc) could have been better. Not all that great.
Location-- The Burlington mall is across the road but while it visually seems a short walk away, it can take about 7-10 mins as the hotel is situated on a small hill.
Service was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We did a 5 night stay while touring the Boston area and wanted clean and relatively inexpensive...and Candlewood delivered. Front desk was very pleasant and helpful, a defective coffee maker was promptly replaced. It's exactly what you need when you want to spend your money seeing the sites and not for the room to sleep in. "Fitness Center" needs it's own room...it shares floorspace with the laundry room...and they need a bit more equipment...a new elliptical, a few swiss balls ( 26" and 30" are recommended ) and a set of dumbells from 10 to 50 lbs would complete the facility.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel from around the end of May until the end of July (2 months total), and I couldn't be happier. I had to drive through the night to get to the hotel, and arrived around 5 am. The night shift clerk was very helpful, and got me to my room as quickly as possible. Did have a minor issue that night with drunken neighbors, but it was quickly cleared up.

This particular Candlewood is located just off of Middlesex Turnpike, not on it as the address would indicate. You have to go up Second Street to find the entrance to this, but the hotel has this info on their website, and will give you an address that will put you practically at their doorstep. The location was perfect, right off an exit for I-95, putting me about a half hour out of Boston. The shopping is good as well, as the hotel is located right across from the Burlington Mall, which has several shops, as well s many restaurants to choose from. One of my favorites was Newbury Comics, which has to be one of the best comic shop I've been in. There are several good pizza places that deliver, although the selection for Chinese is a bit sparse (Burlington Jade was the only one that delivered that I found, and they weren't that good.). The hotel internet was decent, nothing to write home about, but it did do the job, although having to renew my DHCP lease every day did get a bit annoying on the wired connection. It would be better if we had a range of 1/3/7 day leases. I ended up tethering my computer most of the time, as this Candlewood was in range of Sprint's 4G network.

My room was clean and neat. I had one of the studios, and it was almost perfect. The stove range was clean, and worked fine. Same deal with the fridge. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom fixtures were as expected, although I did not have a fan in the bathroom, which I am used to. About the only things I can complain about are the A/C, which is on a motion sensor. This means during the night, your A/C will kick off. I woke up more than once because my room was sweltering, and had to rig up something to move in front of the sensor during the night to keep it from shutting off. The other issue I had was the water pressure in the shower. It was pretty bad. I could still take a shower, but it was a far cry from being acceptable. Fortunately, these were really the only isue I had with my room.

The hotel staff are very friendly. Really, I can't say a whole lot more than that. I am extremely pleased with them, especially the night clerk who let me print out my airline tickets on the printer.

I noticed a couple of reviewers had issues with theft, issues that I am thankful to say I did not have because, in the one reviewers case, I am not a fool and leave money and valuables lying out. The hotel does have free safe-deposit boxes that you can use simply by asking the front desk. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is an extended stay hotel, so you will only get housekeeping once a week, so be prepared for that. The hotel also has a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

All in all, I heartily recommend this Candlewood for anyone looking for a place to stay with business in Boston. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Bring a fan or something to keep the A/C on at night.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JourneymanOhio
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We've stayed here for visits of a full month, but generally stay a week at a time. Extended stay is their forte - there is no free breakfast, for example, as you would find in a place specializing in overnighters. For the longer stays, the rooms are equipped with a stove, microwave, full-size refrig, and wired & wireless internet. There is a decent work-out room, and the laundry machines are free. There is a pet walking area on the grounds. The hotel is clean and updated, the staff is friendly and helpful, the location is convenient to the north part of the Metro area. Close by are the Burlington Mall (with Regina's Pizza), the Lahey Clinic, MITRE, Hanscom AFB, and the Rt 128 corridor. There is also a movie theater is within walking distance. If you need to go to downtown Boston then you need a car (no shuttle to downtown) - it's about 10 miles from Candlwood (avoid rush hour is you can).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We just stayed at the Candlewood, we had been told it was the same standard as Staybridge Suites, wish we love. The Candlewood was dirty, the carpets it the hallway had not been cleaned for a long time and the room was outdated. The room was well equipped and they have a washing machine that quest can use which is a positive thing. For the same price as a much better hotel, likeStaybridge however, it is not worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family