“Lovely Brewster buns and croissants”

Eat Cake 4 Breakfast Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Brewster
Description: French Pastry, High End Specialty Bakery, Coffee, Espresso, Croissants, Scones, Cakes, Pies, Tarts, Quiche, Brewster Buns
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I was in the area and I was looking for a quick place to grab breakfast with my kids. We randomly stumbled across this place and was delighted by what we had. I had an iced coffee (amazing!) and a cheese danish and my kids both had the Brewster bun. I loved that the pastry was light and buttery and nothing was overly sweet. A perfect mix! We liked it so much we got an almond croissant and a brownie to go. The brownie was super dense, great if you love chocolate. The women who helped us out were very patient and kind as well. I would definitely come back here again!

1  Thank biztraveler30

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Having read previous reviews stating this patisserie does not have cake I felt compelled to update my review. Eat Cake has mini individual cakes that are always available and larger cakes that are amazing for special order. As a regular customer what I love doing is picking out a variety of the delicious petite cakes and all of us sharing tastes! I just wish when people post reviews they would be fair to the business and their policies.

1  Thank 4nonni
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I had noticed this bakery and thought "Oh, that would be a wonderful place to get cupcakes or a cake for my husband's birthday." Made a special trip. They don't sell cake. Or cupcakes. Or any cake. I asked "Um, do you have cake?" and they pointed me to a sort of napoleon pastry, which probably is delicious. So my rating is essentially random, because probably their pastries are fine and I guess most people find it cute that a place called Eat Cake for Breakfast doesn't sell cake. I just wanted people to know that if they're looking for cake they should go somewhere else.

1  Thank pling619
DanielleNettleton, Owner at Eat Cake 4 Breakfast Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for your input. I'm sorry you didn't understand the name or concept of our bakery. The name of the store is a play on Marie Antoinette's famous quote, "Let them eat cake" as it is a French Pastry shop. We have individual Petit Gateau available daily which translates to "Little Cake" in French. We also do offer larger cakes which are available with 48 hour notice to ensure we avoid waste and allow our customers to get the freshest cake for their order. Perhaps had you tried any of these items you would see these little cakes are quite delicious and perfect for a birthday.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The pastries here are simple amazing. We thought we had been transported to Paris. The Pain au Chocolate and Brewster Bun are to die for. A little out of the way but put the address into your phone and it is an easy find. Highly recommended!

1  Thank steve f
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

EC4BB is a lovely bakery in Brewster. We stopped in most days for pastries for breakfast. They gave good plain and almond croissants as well as pains aux chocolate. We also had the blueberry pie. I'd skip those. There are better pie places near Brewster.