We don't live far so probably would not have stayed here but were given a gift certificate by our daughter who loves the place. Knowing Brewster we knew that the location of the B&B on Rte. 6A could not be better. 6A is true "olde Cape Cod" with the antique houses, tiny towns and ocean vistas spread along its scenic stretches. Brewster is little more than half way down the Cape, so it is ideally placed to travel to the end of the cape (P-Town) or cross to Chatham and other special towns. Or you may choose to stay put in Brewster and have all you could want of beaches, swimming, fishing, etc. The B&B is directly across the road from a park with a historic house and windmill (open in the summer). The Cape Cod Natural History Museum and a slew of walking trails are just up the road. A bike trail runs nearby. There was a two day downpour on the May weekday that we visited. We were met by the owner, Bryon who introduced us to the inn and the amenities. He put the tea kettle on so we could return after seeing our room. The hospitality of Bryon and his wife - in fact everyone we met was exemplary. Occupancy was sparse this rainy night so Bryon offered us a choice of two rooms in the carriage house. We chose one on the second floor with views of the Drummer Park and a well stocked bookshelf outside the door. Bryon showed us how to operate the gas fireplace and TV. The jacuzzi tub and sparkling clean bathroom were outfitted with bath salts, lotions, etc. Towels were thick and soft and bath towels for the pool provided. We didn't see the pool, hot tub or much of the grounds because of the rain - but our room was so cozy, we settled in with the fire lit. Later we went to the main house to get tea (although the carriage house has its own set up) and some delicious homemade brownies and ginger cookies. Our four poster bed was even more comfortable because of the special European "featherless" feather bed. We ventured out to view the beach and to get a bite at the Land Ho, a pub we like in Orleans, the next town over. But honestly, we couldn't wait to get "home" to the B&B. It was such a good night's sleep with the rain beating on the windows. That was the only sound - no traffic, no sirens - just peace. The breakfast next a.m. was great, juice, fresh fruits, bacon and french toast or eggs . I was having some dietary issues but Donna was completely helpful and made adjustments to the menu for me. We have stayed in many B&Bs over the years, but Brewster By the Sea really is special. It may be the fact that Byron and Donna are so well suited to their occupation, attentive to their guests and serious about creating a warm and memorable experience. Even though we live a short distance, we will definitely return to stay - as do most of their other guests, I expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic Bed and Breakfast located in the quiet and quaint town of Brewster on Cape Cod. Gracious hospitality with three-course breakfasts, relaxing spa services, and rooms with gas fireplaces, make this a perfect Cape Cod getaway. Central Cape location makes a great base from which to explore Provincetown, Wellfleet, Chatham and the upper Cape. Enjoy a morning walk across the road at Drummer Boy Park, and nature trails at the nearby Natural History Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au and Agoda so you can book your Brewster By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brewster By The Sea Hotel Brewster
- Brewster By The Sea MA - Cape Cod