All reviews beach bar ocean edge private beach cape cod the pub west wing beach staff cocktail hour planning process terrace restaurant indoor pool tennis courts wedding coordinator family vacation rehearsal dinner front lawn wait staff
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We went to the Oceanedge resort during April school break. They had lots of activities for the kids like archery, tennis, games on the lawn. Some activities like golf and tennis are an extra cost. The kids had a lot of fun but the staff could have planned better for this "event" week. The make-your-own cupcakes were completely gone after 20 minutes (and it was an hour event), so we showed up with excited kids but had to leave disappointed. The campfire on the beach with smores was fun. The location is great because there are plenty of things to do within a reasonable distance - we even went to P-Town for a few hours one day. Most of the staff were very pleasant. The breakfast buffet had good quality food and many selections to please everyone. The room was pricey for what it was - we paid extra for a junior suite that wasn't spacious at all (the pictures make it look much larger) that had a view of the parking lot . Overall, giving the kids a memorable experience was worth it. Would probably return.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank AnneAdrift
RickSchatz, Resort Manager at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you and your children enjoyed April School Vacation week. I apologize that we ran out of cupcakes by the time you arrived, and that your room was not as spacious as you were expecting. The s’mores beach fires are a guest favorite, and I hope you get the chance to join us in the summer when we host them every Thursday. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

Rick Schatz
Resort Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I organized a work retreat here the second week in January. Needless to say, we pretty much had the place to ourselves, and it was delightful and unique. We used multiple meeting rooms in the mansion -- there are four on the second floor, and had breakfast and lunch on the first floor. The guest rooms were in the buildings right next door. The catering menus are geared toward the summer, but after I asked for some seasonally appropriate selections the chef and his staff did a great job. The food was terrific and all dietary restrictions were carefully respected. Olivia, our catering rep, was excellent to work with and had infinite patience. She checked in on us several times a day. (She even made some copies for me, which was nice, because the computers in the business center weren't working well. That was a disappointment.) The mansion is very old, which for us, was a big part of the charm but I can see why some reviewers said it looked "tired." I was worried because of our extensive AV needs, but the on-site AV company was well-prepared and very responsive (thank you, Dave!). The first night we had dinner in the pub, and more people than I had expected showed up. The staff was great -- they just rolled with it and helped me strategize the ideal table configuration. Jeff, in particular, couldn't have been more gracious. He really went above and beyond. We had dinner the second night in one of the rooms upstairs. This was also nice. My guest room was really nice and the catering and sales staff had left a welcome tray for me because they knew I was frazzled. At one point a group of us asked about walking down to the beach (the water was frozen!) and they offered a van right away for those who didn't want to walk. The staff couldn't have been more eager to help in every way. I want to particularly thank Dana Cox, who was able to make things work for my budget and the unique nature of our retreat. If you have a group of people who prefer quirky over corporate, I'd highly recommend.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
BryanWebb, Vice President of Sales at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay and retreat at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, experience working with Dana, Olivia and Dave. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you and your team back for future retreats. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I was at Bayzo's this past weekend...I'd like to call out Steve the manager. He does an amazing job - balancing large crowds, ensuring service is top notch and engaging with the crowd to make them feel "welcomed". The food was outstanding! I'm an Ocean Edge member and over the years I've noticed him move from Bazos to the Linx, where he has done a great job enhancing that space as well - improving the overall look, food, etc. As I mentioned in a past review, I've managed people for more years than I'd like to admit, I can spot top talent and Steve is it! Great job on his part and outstanding food and service Ocean Edge! I look forward to summer 2018!

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank Sam4776

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at Bayzo's Pub. I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your meal, and the level of service Steve and his team provided. Steve is a valued member of our team, and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to summer 2018 as well.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Stayed at the Mansion at OceanEdge on a family vacation. Loved my room - felt like I was ensconced in elegance - a real treat.

The team at Bayzo's Pub, particularly TED, were fantastic. We peppered Ted with questions about the local area and he went above and beyond answering our questions patiently and in detail. Really extraordinary service level.

Overall, while the hotel rooms are expensive, it is a lovely treat. My nephews had a great time running around the property, to the beach, to the tennis courts, to the golf course. From grandparents to children, we all enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BryanWebb, Vice President of Sales at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your accommodations, the beach, activities, and the level of service you received from our staff, especially Ted. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I was on the cape looking for a summer rental and needed a hotel near Chatham for one night. Keep in mind I was going in mid January 2018 so a lot of hotels were closed for the season. However, I thought this looked like a very nice option. Reception was very nice and the service was excellent. However, the west and east wing buildings are a little tired in the halls and stairwells. The rooms however were recently updated and actually quite nice. However, it so happened that our visit was on the same weekend that there was some kind of a Hockey tournament going on. As a former hockey player this normally would not have bothered me. However, in this case, there were dozens of kids playing floor hockey in the hall outside our room as well as in the area just outside the restaurant. In the early evening, I saw one of the dads in the hall and asked if they were going to be playing in the hall all night. He said they were not allowed to. That resulted in kids running down the hall, banging on our door and then hiding back in their own rooms. I went to the front desk and the manager was very gracious. They moved us to another room on a wing that did not have any of the hockey tournament families staying. In the end, it worked out okay but overall, I would hardly describe our experience as a "resort" visit. Perhaps it would be different during golf season or during the summer but I do not intend to ever stay here again and will not recommend it to any of my friends or colleagues.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank whicheall08
BryanWebb, Vice President of Sales at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at The Mansion at Ocean Edge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and found our staff welcoming, but I would like to apologize for the noise from neighboring guests. When you have the chance, I invite you to contact me directly so that I may learn more about your experience. Thank you for your feedback. Again, I apologize for the disruption from other guests. I look forward to hearing from you.

Bryan.Webb@oceanedge.com