“Salt...”

Add it.
Chillingsworth Fine Dining
Ranked #30 of 42 Restaurants in Brewster
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Ordered the pan seared scallops and found them to be way over salted. Ruined the meal. The restaurant was pretty quiet, but it was a Tuesday.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

A beautifully appointed historic 300-year old house amid 6 acres of gardens is a great setting for the fine dining here. My husband and I enjoyed beef tenderloin, scallops and a seared salmon complemented by a delicious seasonal cold nectarine soup which I'm dying to replicate now that we're home. The raspberry souffle was a real treat for dessert, as was a fascinating conversation with one of the owners who regaled us with tales of Julia Child's visits and other luminaries. A must stop for dining if you are anywhere on the Cape--highly recommended!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This morning, I called Chillingsworth in an effort to acquire a reservation. The man with whom I spoke lacked the most basic elements of social intelligence; he was arrogant, rude and condescending. I will stand in line outside to dine at the Brewster Fish House, as their cuisine and customer service are far superior.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is a follow up to my January 2017 review. Following that experience, I received a personal letter apologizing and a gift certificate. So we decided to give it another try - and called ahead. This time we were not disappointed. The food was excellent and having the option to do a fixed price menu with anything on the menu or just a la carte gave us a lot of flexibility - and tough choices. The service, while a bit slow even though the restaurant was not crowded, was also quite good. Given that we were having 5 courses, we didn't mind that it took a while - it allowed us to enjoy the experience without feeling rushed. All of the food was well prepared, tasty and perfect temperatures when it arrived to our table. I read some other reviews suggesting Chillingsworth was past its prime, but we did not feel that way.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

After researching restaurants on the Cape to take my wife to for her birthday, I booked a reservation at Chillingsworth through the online reservation system on their website for this past Saturday night. After booking it (a few weeks ago), I received a confirming email. We arrived at the restaurant only to find that it was closed for the season - this was not evident from the website and I double checked my reservation and it was the correct date and time. When I called from the parking lot, someone answered and acknowledged that the online system has been accepting reservations and said they needed to work on that but didn't otherwise seem to care. No apology, no sympathy. Lesson learned that I should have called to confirm, but I was shocked that they seemed to know their reservation system had problems and didn't seem to really care about the consumer. We wound up having a fantastic meal at another restaurant and don't plan to dine at Chillingsworth even when it opens again if this is how they treat their patrons.

1  Thank Howard B