“Tops in Thai”

Anchan House of Thai Food
Ranked #52 of 144 Restaurants in Braintree
Reviewed 22 February 2018

It is always a positive sign to walk into an ethnic restaurant and see that the majority of diners share that ethnicity.
Thus was the case on my last 2 occasions at Anchan Thai. I heard about their authentic Thai menu from a friend who had recently dined there and raved about the freshness and superb flavors of the food.
Although a devoted to fan to another Thai spot in S. Weymouth I though I'd give it a try as it's much closer to home. I walked into their Braintree Sq. location and placed a take out order after looking over their tasty menu and taking a suggestion from their sweet hostess.. The lovely hostess said 10 minutes so I took a nice walk sightseeing in all the eclectic shops in the area and when I returned in 10", my order was ready as promised.
I am really a fan of spicy food. When I had described my tastes to the hostess, she suggested the fiery Pad Thai (& I added a pepper!) OUTSTANDING!
On my next visit, two weeks later, I ordered (for takeout) the spicy garlic soft shell crab. Spice level was right on but this might have been a dish better eaten in the restaurant rather than taken home as that light, crispy tempora batter did not survive the 10" ride home.
Will definitely try a 3rd dine-in at this lovely neighborhood establishment with great food and even greater customer service.