“Delightful Surprise”

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We were driving through Beverly and stopped by for dinner. It was Sunday night and the line went out the door but the hostess was able to seat us right away because we were a party of two ( and the others were families).our server was friendly, attentive informative and courteous. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We left happy and sated.

Mark M, Manager at Hale Street Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you Karen for the great review! Sunday we offer kids eat free so we tend to get a lot of families. I am happy you were able to get a table quickly and you enjoyed the food and service. Come back next time you are driving through!

Kind regards,

Hale Street Tavern

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I was staying in the area and happened across the Hale Street Tavern. I was greeted warmly by Tara the bartender. I wasn't sure which wine to try and she promptly encouraged me to try both. Between that and the information she gave me about both wines, I was able to make my selection. The potstickers rival any other restaurant/pub and their scallop risotto was to die for! Large scallops perfectly seared with a seasoning I've never tasted before. All on top of a bed of risotto with corn and asparagus. Another recommendation from Tara.
I liked the place so much that I went back the next night for dinner. It was hoping as sushi was on special that night! Although I didn't have the sushi the people seating next to me said ti was great! I ordered the fish taco and once again Hale St Tavern didn't disappoint.
Good customer service, relaxed atmosphere, great food...what else can you ask for. Two thumbs up here!

Mark M, Owner at Hale Street Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you JmGBoston for the 5 star review! Tara is one of the best employees we have and I'm glad you had such a great experience. The chef will be very pleased to see your feedback also.

Come back anytime you are in our neck of the woods.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

This is a local New England restaurant at it’s best. Our table ordered a variety of food choices from Haddock sandwiches to steak tips and all were delicious!. Our waitress was so attentive and gave us time to visit, but was right there when we needed to order! If you are visiting the North Shore and want to eat with the locals this is your place!

Thank you Pointsgirl for the kind review! It sounds like you really enjoyed everything about your experience. I wish we could have impressed you enough for that 5th star; maybe next time!

We hope you join us again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and environment. The raw menu was exceptional and the Friday special is amazing. One of our favorites!

Thank you, Ryan for your 5 star review!

I am very happy to see you enjoyed the Friday oyster deal. We hope you'll come back soon and see which new ones we get in!

Have a good one,

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

All the food was perfect! We shared edamame that was a great starter. Lightly salted and cooked just right. They offer a variety of oysters to select from and where they are harvested. We were pleased with the ones from Duxbury.
We shared a salad with chicken. The greens were fresh and the chicken was tasty. They had a special strawberry, basil margarita that was amazing!! I was concerned it might be sweet and syrupy, to my delight it was a little tart and infused with flavor.
The atmosphere & service were fabulous. We will definitely go back!

Mark M, Owner at Hale Street Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you Teenie for the stellar review! I'm happy to read you enjoyed every aspect of your visit with us. Our oysters are always rotating, come by soon to try some others.

All the best,