“Handmade, High-quality”

Price range: USD 1 - USD 10
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I travel for business and have been to a lot of places. Prince Street Cafe & Bakery is one of the best places I have found. This small family-owned, family run establishment makes delicious breakfast and lunch. I have even had them cater some of my business lunches and the food and service was great. I understand they do a lot of dinner catering as well, and would certainly order from them for one of those lon-running meetings, too. I have tried several items at Prince Street cafe & bakery, some of my favorites are their Goat Farm wrap with grilled chicken, fresh spinach and goat cheese, heated on the panini press. The calzones are excellent. The Sicilian pizza is probably the best pizza in town and the bakery items are all delicious and made right in the store. I always prefer a family owned restaurant over the chains, and in Bedford, there simply is no other choice for breakfast or lunch. Skip the chains and do yourself a favor, go to Prince Street Cafe & Bakery.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

After reading rave reviews, tried calzone of the day. Good bread, good chicken, very little sauce and cheese. No seasonings. Not that good. Went back two weeks later and tried the calzone again. Still not good. The Whole Foods Plaza is a short distance away and there are many lunch choices that are better than here.

2  Thank mom2teens6
RobStrayton, Executive Chef at Prince Street Cafe & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Thank you for your review of Prince Street. We are sorry you were disappointed with the calzone. It would appear that you had the chicken parm calzone which, quite frankly is one of our most popular offerings. We're not sure what happened, but I will say that all of our food is made from scratch, by hand and as a result might have some slight variations but we do have a specific formulae for each recipe including the calzone, and in the case of the Chicken parm includes imported parmigiano Reggiano and shredded mozzarella. There should have been over one pound of cheese in the calzone, made with our homemade marinara sauce it should have been both flavorful and deliciously cheese-y.

We wish you had brought your dissatisfaction to our attention, because we would have been happy to have made you something else to eat. It's unclear exactly what kind of "seasonings" you were expecting in a chicken parmigiano calzone but we would have been happy to have provided you with a side of our house-made marinara, grated cheese, crushed red pepper or anything else from our extensive spice pantry that would have made your meal more enjoyable. I would have been happy to have made you a fra diavlo sauce to punch-up the heat to accompany your calzone.

We try our best to accommodate the widest array of palettes' but we are always
happy to try and accommodate specific requests and personal tastes and do so on a regular basis.

Again, I am sorry you were disappointed and wish you had let us know right away so we could have corrected it. I hope that you might give us another chance to prove to you, that Prince Street Cafe & Bakery, with its scratch-made offerings, is the best choice for breakfast, lunch, catering and baked goods, not just in Bedford, but in the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Went here yesterday for lunch and had the best BLT with Provolone on a baguette. Best BLT I have ever had. I am going back today for lunch before I leave the area. This place is a great find, friendly service, clean, wonderful food and very reasonable. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Elaine J
Reviewed 2 July 2016

What a wonderful find. Not too many bakeries around. Went in for a birthday treat for myself and my daughter. So many wonderful choices. Food was excellent. Service was attentive. Atmosphere not so exciting. They had a couple of tables outside, which was nice. Can't comment on the sandwiches, etc. looked like they had plenty of yummy options. But we came for baked goods and we were very happy!

1  Thank BalletMamaSeattle
Reviewed 4 June 2016

We and our clients ADORE Prince Street - the owners cook and bake their hearts out and every bite feels like it has a little bit of love in it. Fresh, inventive and I cant say enough about the quality of food and service. Very personal, very yummy and very good.

2  Thank PBD22