“Biking the GAP”

CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsport
CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Williamsport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Original destination was Hancock but decided to go a little further and stay in a B&B instead of camping. Reached out to Tonya via phone and she was fantastic. Lyndsey got me checked in, bike locked in a secure garage and showed me around the place. Lyndsey even had milk waiting in the AM so I could make my protein shake. Great place!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This Inn was okay. It's clean and in a great location, but cramped full of furniture. Your bike is secured in a garage which is great. The queen bed is still very squeaky. Every time you turn! The Inn owner served a breakfast full of sugar- juice, fruit, vanilla yogurt and a Belgian waffle with more fruit and Maple syrup- all together too many empty carbs and not enough lean protein. Meh! We would not return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2017

It was pouring rain on the C&O and my buddy and I left the canal searching for a place to stay and we stumbled upon this place. Not only was it just 2 blocks from the canal, it's right on the main street in downtown Williamsport, so lots of good food/drink options. On top of that, it has a locked garage with bike racks and hose for washing off bikes.

That's not the best part though, the best part is the people. The owner, Tonya, is quite possibly one of the kindest people I have ever met. She let us go and have dinner and clean up before we talked business. She makes a mean waffle and her daughter Lindsay is also a pleasure to hang with. Spending time with them was one of the highlights of our trip.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. My buddy left his phone at the Inn and we made it 20 miles down the road before he even realized. When we called Tonya, she actually drove it out to us on a Sunday morning and met us at the next access point.

This isn't a place I'd just recommend staying at, I'd consider it a destination.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Pros: The owner is friendly and accommodating. Good breakfast and evening snacks.
For bikers, it is close to the C&O towpath, and the owner provides a place to lock up your bikes.
Cons: The rooms are right next to a major street through town and with single pain windows, you get a lot of noise from the street throughout the night. Bring earplugs if you say here.
Because the windows could not be opened due to noise, the room became very stuffy at night - no other ventilation.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RangerDan
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Candlelight B & B is an old row house given a new lease on life as a bed and breakfast. I think most of the guests at Candlelight are riding on the C & O. Tonya, the owner, is very welcoming. Four of us stayed one night and occupied two rooms and a shared bath. Our party of four occupied one room at the front of the house and the other at the back. Traffic ran by the front until about 11:00 pm and started by again at 5:00 am. I suggest you ask for a back room if you're a light sleeper. She had a nice breakfast of a blueberry Belgian waffle, yogurt and granola, fruit bowl, juice and coffee/tea. Bike storage is available in her garage along with a tire pump. An outdoor patio and balcony are nice to relax on after a long day of riding. A couple of restaurants and a bar are within walking distance (actually the same block).

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LovetoWalk51

Been to CandleLight Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!