“I only had the chocolate croissant - it alone merits 5 stars!”

Capital City Cheesecake
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Takoma Park
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Capital City Cheesecake is a bakery & cafe located in Takoma Park, MD. We specialize in miniature cheesecakes but also have a coffee bar and cafe for you to enjoy. Feel free to relax and read a book, hang out with friends, or catch a quick bite to eat.
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Stumbled upon this bakery / coffee shop while wandering around cute Takoma. OMG chocolate croissant! I truly can't stop thinking about it.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

y daughter (a teacher at Tacoma Park Elementary) loves this place and brought me here for the first time last week. I had a chicken salad that was just excellent. She is a big fan of their ham and grilled cheese. We also had cheesecake (surprise!) I highly recommend the key lime and my daughter is a big fan of the cookies and cream (as is my husband after I brought a cheesecake home to him). These cheesecakes by the way are small individual portions so you aren't eating a huge slice by yourself (if that is your gig then by all means get 2 :)). One more item that I brought home was an individual apple pie which is fantastic and is an easy match to the cheesecake I had. If you are anywhere near Tacoma Park please stop by and grab something to go!

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Cute place but the food is really bad; I'm
sorry to say I wish I could be more positive! I tried several times, with different menus but the people giving it four or five stars obviously have never eaten a good meal with healthy fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

What a wonderful cafe! You get such a feel of community here. The wifi is strong, the coffee AND tea are excellent, and the food (all of the offerings) are terrific. I returned several times, and the waffles are the best I have ever eaten. Great sandwiches and muffins. I cannot say enough about this wonderful cafe. You will be so happy to discover this clean, friendly and hip location.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Perfect cheesecakes. The best I've ever had. If you visit the place for cheesecakes, please try their plain, key lime or white chocolate raspberry cheesecakes. We've had them several time and the quality has never disappointed us.
Their chai latte is very good too. It's not too sweet.
We're going back for their croissants.
Perfect local place with reasonable price for the great quality.