“Quiet and Lovely”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solomons
Solomons Victorian Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Solomons B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Solomons Victorian Inn for 2 nights and were very happy with the location, accomodations, and the wonderful breakfasts served in a glassed-in room overlooking the water. Our room, The Manitou, was on the second floor and had a view of the water from 2 directions. It was roomy, clean, and nicely furnished. The temperature outside reached over 100 degrees during our stay, but the airconditioner and ceiling fan kept us cool and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MDTravelers60

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Location on the water and beautiful. Yards and landscape retreat ready and peaceful. The house is a lovely old Victorian, very clean, nicely decorated (though wallpaper, while barely noticeable, is peeling in places). The house has a beautiful all glass porch which is climate controlled, has a lovely view, place to eat breakfast. The presentation of food at breakfast was careful, professional, freshly made, and beautiful; and it was delicious. The host greeted us long enough to give a key and showed us our room. There were no afternoon tea or wine gatherings, so the house seemed empty and quiet (but some are looking for that). I would go again for a quick one night get away, but I would not go for a weekend "destination" adventure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed in the Orithia room for a weekend, which had a nice view of the water across the street and was quiet. The house-made breakfast was very nice and they accommodated me as a vegetarian. The location of the inn is almost at the tip of Solomon's Island (see a map) so it is pretty quiet, at least when I went (March).

Most of all, I was impressed about the honesty of the owners. After we had already paid and left, I was wondering why we didn't get the coupon discount. On the way home, I called them and asked them about it, and said I didn't pay enough attention when I was writing out the check. They immediately apologized profusely and credited the credit card for the extra $50 we paid. They didn't have to give us the discount after the fact, but they did!

Room Tip: Look out for coupons/deals on the room rates
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thisiswatching
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I have stayed at Solomons Victorian Inn on several different occasions and it is like visiting good friends at a relaxing location. Whether you are considering the Victorian Inn for business or leisure it will be worth the money. No hotel in the area (I have stayed at most) can make your trip better than the VIctorian Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Fred_Merrill
Reviewed 12 November 2009

My boyfriend and I were looking for a relaxing weekend getaway to celebrate our two-year anniversary, and settled on a weekend on Solomons Island - and Solomons Victorian Inn was exactly what we were looking for. I couldn't comment too much on the service as we were not there for long and did not interact with the inn owners too much, but they were certainly friendly in welcoming us and cooked us a delicious breakfast the next day.

Since we were celebrating, we went with the Solomons Sunset room. Certainly pricier than the other rooms, but far cheaper than a similar room that you would find in any sort of urban setting (including a king-sized bed, a whirlpool tub, lots of space). Would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a nicer room.

Would definitely go back if we were ever in the area!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathleeen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solomons
2.0 km away
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park
5.5 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)

Been to Solomons Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!