“Closed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sligo Ave
Transit: Silver Spring Metro station is .6 miles from our establishment (approximately a 12 minute walk). We are 6 blocks south of the metro on Georgia Avenue. Metrobus line 70 stops on Georgia and Sligo Avenue. Metrobus 79 (express) also runs on Georgia Avenue.
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

We attended the closing day party to say goodbye to a great neighborhood spot. The fried chicken was not as good as usual, but that was to be expected given the buffet set up. I hope something good takes its place!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Always had great food and experience at Jackie's but I understand it is closing soon.
Hope they plan to open elsewhere. Best of luck and thanks to the chefs/staff.

Reviewed 17 December 2015

It turned out being okay, but I would never have gone through the black furry entrance (in fact I didn't even know it was the entrance) if I hadn't met my friend coming up the street. The food was good, the service even better. Unlikely I will ever be back.

Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

This is an awesome place. Open kitchen format, great lighting, funky vibe. Outstanding and friendly service. Creative menu. Reasonably priced for the experience. The steak was superb and the pork loin outstanding. Can't wait to go back. There is also a real cool bar next to the restaurant. This place would fit right in on U Street.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

It had been six years since I hadn't seen my DC friends, so they decided to take me to a local restaurant, within walking distance of their home. You would think, Silver Spring...Maryland...I mean, it's not New York, it's not D.C., but Oh, BOY! What a pleasant surprise this was. I can say that I get around in several places, and I like to visit my restaurants, well certainly this one is in my top five. The service was good, as a matter of fact, the bar tender happened to be a very good friend of mine back in the days when I lived there, so even that was a crazy surprise. But put that on the side, the wait staff, the owner, I mean, everyone is really into making sure you are taken care of, and then there is the food, EVERYTHING ON THAT MENU IS DONE MASTERFULLY.
There is something that coni¿tinues to annoy me in some places in the States which is the size of servings; they are HUGE. Not here though, just like in a world class restaurant, the servings are consrvative, but the flavor is not. It's just a roller coaster of tastes that perfectly combine. They respect the aesthetics of food, and they get the most out of every dish they serve in terms of colors, falvors, combinations. Everything is just perfect.

1  Thank TammyLamk