“Let Jackies surprise you with fine dining in Silver Spring, MD”
Review of Jackie's Restaurant - CLOSED

Jackie's Restaurant
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sligo Ave
Transit: Silver Spring Metro station is .6 miles from our establishment (approximately a 12 minute walk). We are 6 blocks south of the metro on Georgia Avenue. Metrobus line 70 stops on Georgia and Sligo Avenue. Metrobus 79 (express) also runs on Georgia Avenue.
Reviewed 22 September 2015

It had been six years since I hadn't seen my DC friends, so they decided to take me to a local restaurant, within walking distance of their home. You would think, Silver Spring...Maryland...I mean, it's not New York, it's not D.C., but Oh, BOY! What a pleasant surprise this was. I can say that I get around in several places, and I like to visit my restaurants, well certainly this one is in my top five. The service was good, as a matter of fact, the bar tender happened to be a very good friend of mine back in the days when I lived there, so even that was a crazy surprise. But put that on the side, the wait staff, the owner, I mean, everyone is really into making sure you are taken care of, and then there is the food, EVERYTHING ON THAT MENU IS DONE MASTERFULLY.
There is something that coni¿tinues to annoy me in some places in the States which is the size of servings; they are HUGE. Not here though, just like in a world class restaurant, the servings are consrvative, but the flavor is not. It's just a roller coaster of tastes that perfectly combine. They respect the aesthetics of food, and they get the most out of every dish they serve in terms of colors, falvors, combinations. Everything is just perfect.

1  Thank TammyLamk

Reviewed 14 September 2015

I enjoyed a dinner with a friend for a birthday celebration. The food was good, but the service was a little slow. I had the roasted pork which was tasty, but I was a little concerned because the meat was pink in the center. (I did not think you could eat pork with pink showing so I ate around the pink center. I don't expect to visit the restaurant again. It was an ok experience, but I thought it could be better for the price of the entrees.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

Anyone giving Jackie's less than four stars should be banned from writing any review,, at least based on our experience. And the four us rate it a true Trip Advisor Five Star.

Jackie’s was a total surprise – we are new to Silver Spring, not the area and are in the process of exploring restaurants. We hit a home run – a grand slam – in our first at bat. Jackie’s not only has a great vibe, owns a cool bar next door and excellent service – it has an extremely interesting menu and great food. Given how same menus have become – even interesting menus are no longer interesting in most places – Jackie’s stands out. We went with another couple and let me go through the meal. Oh, it was Restaurant Week, they were not participating but were offering a three3 course menu, any selection within each course, for $35 and all wine was half price. A bargain all the way around.

Appetizers – I had a pizza with broccoli rabe and pepperoni, which I do note at and gave to a friend ordering the same thing. The pizza had a firm, well done, not overdone crust, light cheese excellent sauce. Best I have had in DC. The ladies at the table had a bibb caeser, they loved it. They also had the same entre – artic char, perfectly prepared with a medley of vegetables that included a preparation of eggplant so unusual we had to ask our server what it was. The gentlemen at the table had meatballs – really well prepared beef and pork meatballs served over a polenta that must have had some ricotta somewhere. Dessert was a peach mousse for three of us and some fingerling and something or other that disappeared quickly.

This is not a five star in a traditional restaurant guide but a true five star for interesting and sophisticated food that was affordable in a total un-stuffy, cool vive kind of place. We will be back often – and I have noticed they change their menu, also a good thing.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 11 August 2015

From the outside does not look like much, but certainly worth going in for excellent food and incredible service. We hit a night where every bottle of wine on the wine list was half price, so happy right out of the gate. Appetizers were very good; the ahi tuna was spectacular. For dinner the fettuccine with butternut, pork and sherry was outstanding and the beef short-ribs with smoked gnocchi was unusual and excellent.
But what sets this restaurant apart from any I have been to recently was the service, very friendly to start but then the waitress noticed my daughter's face as we were next to a table of 20 that were having a good time but were quite loud. Without any complaints from us they offered to move us to a much quieter table in the back that was accomplished quickly and efficiently. Then they gave us a free appetizer (ahi tuna) for our trouble; and we had not expressed any displeasure and where quite content, just very appreciative that they were so observant. (I was just enjoying the half price wine). Then to top it off they comped all our desserts (loved the popcorn caramel cream puffs!). Any place with such outstanding food that tries this hard to please their customers deserves repeat business; will definitely return when I am in Silver Spring again.

1  Thank John O
Reviewed 9 August 2015

We did come a half hour before our reservation time restaurant wasn't crowded. We were seated right away. It took awhile before the lady came over and took our drink order. It took awhile to get the drinks. It took awhile to take our order. It seemed like an hour before any food came. Food was okay. Would I go back?? Sorry, no.