“Reasonable Prices, Quality Food”

Samanthas Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 417 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2018

On March 19, 2018, we visited Samantha's Mexican Restaurant. What a delightful surprise. I ordered the shrimp and scallops enchiladas, and my husband had the chicken burrito. There were large scallops and shrimp, instead of tiny pieces hidden by cheaper vegetables. My husband's burrito was solid chicken, not beans/rice filler (which is also fine). And the salsa? Warm, slightly creamy, totally delicious. The prices were reasonable, too. Back home, the prices for such dishes would be much higher, especially any dish with seafood.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Food lacked flavor though it appeared in plentiful quantities. Service was very pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

For years, I've relied on Samantha's for better-than-usual Mexican meals. In recent times they've been getting better both on the food and the service sides. Service continued on the ascendant today, food took a tiny step back. I'll still keep coming, but I may check out options to what was my go-to default lunch. I stead of their wonderful homemade salsa, they served a cheese salsa... it helpful given my lactose intolerance.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Samantha's is an amazing restaurant, with extremely reasonable prices. I love the carne asada, which is always cooked perfectly. The guac is always fresh and delicious, and the margaritas are also great. Other favorites include the steak enchiladas and burritos. Good mix of both Mexican and Latin American options. The staff are always friendly and service is always fast.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

For years, Samantha's has been the hest Mexican restaurant in the area: all the usual menu items, but in in a more authentic and tasty incarnation all at a reasonable price. If there was anything that left room for improvement from the perspective of a gringo, it was that the staff had a shaky grasp of English and one felt a bit of an outsider. But over the years, the owner and wait staff have gotten far more proficient and overtly welcoming. I've always loved their food...now I can also feel totally comfortable that I understand the options, that my order has been correctly understood, and that everything will be fine. The only likely drawback is that they're bound to get more and more popular. Today, for instance, at an hour (2pm) that I used to have the place to myself, the dining room was more than half full. If it's already tbat busy at an off hour, the chances of having to wait to gain entrance at dinnertime are overwhelming.