“Nice ambiance and delicious cooking”
Review of Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa
Reserve with OpenTable
Addis Ababa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 437 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Price range: USD 0 - USD 15
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

My meal at Addis Ababa Restaurant checked off many boxes in my books. The decor was transformative and extremely appealing to this world traveller, complemented by an amiable service. The Vegetable Platter was as good as it gets with the different pulses and vegetables having a differentiated flavor profile and cooked to the right degree of doneness. The Awaze Beef Tibs had the right flavors but a slightly better cut would have made it perfect. The mild Dorowat chicken dish was a total surprise, and its savoriness equaled the usual spicy version. With this type of cooking in a warm inviting environment, I will be returning to this wonderful place for one of my favorite cuisines.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I've ordered from here a few times and the food is always delicious, nice portions and beautifully seasoned! If you like Ethiopian - then be sure to stop by!

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Parking can be a bear - read the signs closely and do not park in either lot on the sides of the building. We take street parking.

The restaurant is small and you will need reservations for parties larger than 4.

The food was tasty - I have had higher quality meat, but the vegetables were delicious. I recommend the peas, lentils, and cabbage.

We always eat too much injera, but they keep it coming. No lime for my beer, the waitress was distant.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We went for dinner. You eat with your hands at a high or low table. The food and service was good. Looks like a place locals eat.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Great service, good food and we would recommend the restaurant for residents and visitors alike. Priced a little high.