“tasty food and unique cultural eating experience.”
Review of Abol

Abol
Ranked #26 of 437 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Price range: USD 11 - USD 20
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I found the food flavourful and well prepared. Good service and good selection. Its always interesting sampling the tastes of cultures we might not get to visit. I would come back.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

...we were there for a movie and selected in on the base of its reputation on Trip Advisor: quiet restaurant on the main thoroughfare in SS (Colesville Rd.), it is a stark counterbalance to the crowds and confusion of downtown SS, with courteous and welcoming staff and terrific food.. we began with a very tasty order of sambossa followed by Doro We't (Chicken Stew) and a vegetarian combo that included Yemisir Kik We't (Split Lentil Sauce), Yeater Kik Alicha we't (Yellow Split Pea Sauce), Gomen We't (Collard Green) Tikle Gomen (Cabbage), Fosolia Be Carote (String beans and carrots), Qey Sir- (Beets and Potato) and Tomato Salad, all served with rolls of injera and flooded with excellent honey demi-sec wine. Definitely a place to come back to.

1  Thank Giorgio G
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I’m a big fan of Ethiopian food going way back - so I was far beyond excited to learn that Silver Spring has a number of great Ethiopian locations! I have ordered takeout from Abel and found the food to be very, very good - my order had a very generous amount of injera and the main courses - I ordered several for evening - were uniformly great. I found parking to be a little difficult and the ambience is fine but not great - but if what you are looking for is a top-notch Ethiopian meal, Abol is the place for you!

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We have visited Abol many many times over the last two years, and it has never disappointed. I highly recommend getting a combo platter with both meat and veggie options, especially if you're new to the restaurant, because it's a great way to sample everything. I particularly love the chicken and the yellow lentils, but everything is wonderful! The service is always very welcoming and friendly. Also, if you have any leftovers, the meat and lentils make for an excellent omelet the next morning.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Unbelievably tasty, best I've ever eaten and I have had a lot of Ethiopian food. Great service too which can be hard to find. Love this find!